Genomes and Genes
Cheng Han Lee
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- The utility of discovered on gastrointestinal stromal tumor 1 (DOG1) antibody in surgical pathology-the GIST of itCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
Adv Anat Pathol 17:222-32. 2010..When used in combination with KIT, this panel of diagnostic biomarkers can help pathologists and clinicians to identify more patients who may benefit from targeted therapies...
- MicroRNA profiling of BRCA1/2 mutation-carrying and non-mutation-carrying high-grade serous carcinomas of ovaryCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7314. 2009..Little is known regarding the miRNA expression profiles of high grade serous carcinoma in relation to BRCA1/2 status, and compared to normal tubal epithelium, the putative tissue of origin for high grade serous carcinomas...
- Histotype-genotype correlation in 36 high-grade endometrial carcinomasLien N Hoang
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of British Columbia Genetic Pathology Evaluation Center, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC Department of Pathology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB Department of Pathology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Am J Surg Pathol 37:1421-32. 2013..Judicious use and interpretation of p53 immunohistochemistry in selected scenarios can improve histotype-genotype concordance. ..
- Calyculin-A disrupts subplasmalemmal junction and recurring Ca2+ waves in vascular smooth muscleCheng Han Lee
The James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research, University of British Columbia, St Paul s Hospital, Room 166 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6Z 1Y6
Cell Calcium 37:9-16. 2005..These findings offer support for the hypothesis that the presence of the PM-SR junctions is required for the generation of asynchronous recurring Ca2+ waves, which underlie excitation-contraction coupling in the VSMC of the rabbit IVC...
- Organellar junctions promote targeted Ca2+ signaling in smooth muscle: why two membranes are better than oneDamon Poburko
The Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z1, Canada
Trends Pharmacol Sci 25:8-15. 2004....
- Ovarian and endometrial endometrioid carcinomas have distinct CTNNB1 and PTEN mutation profilesMelissa K McConechy
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC Cancer Agency, Centre for Translational and Applied Genomics, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 27:128-34. 2014..Understanding the distinct mutation patterns found in the PI3K and Wnt pathways of ovarian and endometrial endometrioid carcinomas may provide future opportunities for stratifying patients for targeted therapeutics. ..
- Gross genomic alterations and gene expression profiles of high- grade serous carcinoma of the ovary with and without BRCA1 inactivationManohar Pradhan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BMC Cancer 10:493. 2010..The loss of BRCA1 function due to either germline/somatic mutation or epigenetic silencing is observed in most high-grade serous carcinomas of the ovary...
- Assessment of Her-1, Her-2, And Her-3 expression and Her-2 amplification in advanced stage ovarian carcinomaCheng Han Lee
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver General Hospital and University of BC, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:147-52. 2005..These results indicated that few patients with ovarian carcinoma have tumors that would benefit from therapy targeted specifically against Her-1, Her-2, or Her-3...
- Recurrent somatic DICER1 mutations in nonepithelial ovarian cancersAlireza Heravi-Moussavi
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
N Engl J Med 366:234-42. 2012..Mutation carriers are at risk for nonepithelial ovarian tumors, notably sex cord-stromal tumors...
- A panel of antibodies to determine site of origin and malignancy in smooth muscle tumorsCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:1519-31. 2009..Although ER positivity can be used to support the gynecologic origin of a leiomyosarcomas, nuclear WT1 immunostaining is of little use...
- Relationship between the sarcoplasmic reticulum and the plasma membraneCheng Han Lee
The iCAPTUR4E Center, University of British Columbia, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Novartis Found Symp 246:26-41; discussion 41-7, 48-51. 2002..It is proposed that the above Ca2+ transport between the SR lumen and the extracellular space takes place at PM-SR junctions across a narrow junctional space...
- YWHAE-FAM22 endometrial stromal sarcoma: diagnosis by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumorAnna Isphording
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Genetic Pathology Evaluation Center, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E3
Hum Pathol 44:837-43. 2013....
- Use of mutation profiles to refine the classification of endometrial carcinomasMelissa K McConechy
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Pathol 228:20-30. 2012..If used in practice, it may lead to improved diagnostic reproducibility and may also serve to stratify patients for targeted therapeutics...
- The clinicopathologic features of YWHAE-FAM22 endometrial stromal sarcomas: a histologically high-grade and clinically aggressive tumorCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:641-53. 2012..Thus, their distinction from typical JAZF1 ESS is important for prognostic and therapeutic purposes...
- Cyclin D1 as a diagnostic immunomarker for endometrial stromal sarcoma with YWHAE-FAM22 rearrangementCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 36:1562-70. 2012..When evaluating high-grade uterine sarcomas, cyclin D1 can be included in the immunohistochemical panel as an indicator of YWHAE-FAM22 ESS...
- IGF2BP3 (IMP3) expression is a marker of unfavorable prognosis in ovarian carcinoma of clear cell subtypeMartin Köbel
Department of Pathology, Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre of the Prostate Research Centre, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:469-75. 2009..We conclude that IGF2BP3 is the first biomarker of prognostic significance in ovarian clear cell carcinoma that has been validated in an independent case series...
- Establishment of subrenal capsule xenografts of primary human ovarian tumors in SCID mice: potential modelsCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology, Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre of the Prostate Centre, Vancouver General Hospital, BC Cancer Agency and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
Gynecol Oncol 96:48-55. 2005..To evaluate subrenal capsule xenografting of primary ovarian tumor tissues in mice for development of new ovarian cancer models...
- Intraepithelial T cells and prognosis in ovarian carcinoma: novel associations with stage, tumor type, and BRCA1 lossBlaise Clarke
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Center of the Prostate Research Center, Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:393-402. 2009..The presence of intraepithelial CD8(+) T cells also significantly correlates with loss of BRCA1...
- Relationship between asynchronous Ca2+ waves and force development in intact smooth muscle bundles of the porcine tracheaKuo Hsing Kuo
St Paul s Hospital, The iCAPTURE Center, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 285:L1345-53. 2003....
- Endometrial stromal sarcomas with sex cord differentiation are associated with PHF1 rearrangementEmanuela D'Angelo
Department of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Institut of Biomedical Research IIB Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 37:514-21. 2013..008). In our series, all ESSs showing sex cords had PHF1 genetic rearrangement, suggesting that such rearrangements may induce sex cord differentiation...
- FLI-1 distinguishes Ewing sarcoma from small cell osteosarcoma and mesenchymal chondrosarcomaAnna F Lee
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 19:233-8. 2011..FLI-1 is therefore useful in the differential diagnosis of small round blue cell tumors of the bone...
- Duodenal epithelioid gastrointestinal stromal tumor with prominent granular cell featuresAnna Adamiak
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hum Pathol 40:599-602. 2009..The current case illustrates the importance of considering gastrointestinal stromal tumor in the differential diagnosis of any epithelioid tumors in the gastrointestinal tract or the abdominal-pelvic cavity...
- Sequential opening of IP(3)-sensitive Ca(2+) channels and SOC during alpha-adrenergic activation of rabbit vena cavaCheng Han Lee
The iCAPTURE Center, University of British Columbia, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H1768-77. 2002..These new data suggest that the activation of both the IP(3)R channels and the SOC are required for PE-mediated [Ca(2+)](i) oscillations and constriction of the rabbit IVC...
- The role of the fallopian tube in ovarian cancerAlicia A Tone
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 10:296-306. 2012..The implementation of salpingectomy therefore promises to significantly impact ovarian cancer incidence and outcomes...