Genomes and Genes
Cheng Han Lee
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- The utility of discovered on gastrointestinal stromal tumor 1 (DOG1) antibody in surgical pathology-the GIST of itCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
Adv Anat Pathol 17:222-32. 2010..When used in combination with KIT, this panel of diagnostic biomarkers can help pathologists and clinicians to identify more patients who may benefit from targeted therapies...
- MicroRNA profiling of BRCA1/2 mutation-carrying and non-mutation-carrying high-grade serous carcinomas of ovaryCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7314. 2009..Little is known regarding the miRNA expression profiles of high grade serous carcinoma in relation to BRCA1/2 status, and compared to normal tubal epithelium, the putative tissue of origin for high grade serous carcinomas...
- Gross genomic alterations and gene expression profiles of high- grade serous carcinoma of the ovary with and without BRCA1 inactivationManohar Pradhan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BMC Cancer 10:493. 2010..The loss of BRCA1 function due to either germline/somatic mutation or epigenetic silencing is observed in most high-grade serous carcinomas of the ovary...
- Recurrent somatic DICER1 mutations in nonepithelial ovarian cancersAlireza Heravi-Moussavi
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
N Engl J Med 366:234-42. 2012..Mutation carriers are at risk for nonepithelial ovarian tumors, notably sex cord-stromal tumors...
- A panel of antibodies to determine site of origin and malignancy in smooth muscle tumorsCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:1519-31. 2009..Although ER positivity can be used to support the gynecologic origin of a leiomyosarcomas, nuclear WT1 immunostaining is of little use...
- YWHAE-FAM22 endometrial stromal sarcoma: diagnosis by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumorAnna Isphording
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Genetic Pathology Evaluation Center, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E3
Hum Pathol 44:837-43. 2013....
- Use of mutation profiles to refine the classification of endometrial carcinomasMelissa K McConechy
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Pathol 228:20-30. 2012..If used in practice, it may lead to improved diagnostic reproducibility and may also serve to stratify patients for targeted therapeutics...
- The clinicopathologic features of YWHAE-FAM22 endometrial stromal sarcomas: a histologically high-grade and clinically aggressive tumorCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:641-53. 2012..Thus, their distinction from typical JAZF1 ESS is important for prognostic and therapeutic purposes...
- Cyclin D1 as a diagnostic immunomarker for endometrial stromal sarcoma with YWHAE-FAM22 rearrangementCheng Han Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 36:1562-70. 2012..When evaluating high-grade uterine sarcomas, cyclin D1 can be included in the immunohistochemical panel as an indicator of YWHAE-FAM22 ESS...
- IGF2BP3 (IMP3) expression is a marker of unfavorable prognosis in ovarian carcinoma of clear cell subtypeMartin Köbel
Department of Pathology, Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre of the Prostate Research Centre, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:469-75. 2009..We conclude that IGF2BP3 is the first biomarker of prognostic significance in ovarian clear cell carcinoma that has been validated in an independent case series...
- Intraepithelial T cells and prognosis in ovarian carcinoma: novel associations with stage, tumor type, and BRCA1 lossBlaise Clarke
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Center of the Prostate Research Center, Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mod Pathol 22:393-402. 2009..The presence of intraepithelial CD8(+) T cells also significantly correlates with loss of BRCA1...
- Endometrial stromal sarcomas with sex cord differentiation are associated with PHF1 rearrangementEmanuela D'Angelo
Department of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Institut of Biomedical Research IIB Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 37:514-21. 2013..008). In our series, all ESSs showing sex cords had PHF1 genetic rearrangement, suggesting that such rearrangements may induce sex cord differentiation...
- Duodenal epithelioid gastrointestinal stromal tumor with prominent granular cell featuresAnna Adamiak
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hum Pathol 40:599-602. 2009..The current case illustrates the importance of considering gastrointestinal stromal tumor in the differential diagnosis of any epithelioid tumors in the gastrointestinal tract or the abdominal-pelvic cavity...
- FLI-1 distinguishes Ewing sarcoma from small cell osteosarcoma and mesenchymal chondrosarcomaAnna F Lee
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 19:233-8. 2011..FLI-1 is therefore useful in the differential diagnosis of small round blue cell tumors of the bone...
- The role of the fallopian tube in ovarian cancerAlicia A Tone
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 10:296-306. 2012..The implementation of salpingectomy therefore promises to significantly impact ovarian cancer incidence and outcomes...