Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Generalisability of the individual placement and support model of supported employment: results of a Canadian randomised controlled trialEric A Latimer
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, Canada H4H1R3
Br J Psychiatry 189:65-73. 2006....
- Toward uncovering robust principles of change inherent to cognitive-behavioral therapy for psychosisTania Lecomte
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Orthopsychiatry 72:50-7. 2002..This article aims at taking a closer look at the research results of multiple studies in order to delineate the specific and nonspecific factors related to the cognitive-behavioral practice that influence treatment robustness...
- Further validation of the Client Assessment of Strengths Interests and GoalsTania Lecomte
University of British Columbia, VGH Research Pavilion, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
Schizophr Res 66:59-70. 2004..The factor analysis also supports the construct validity of the assessment. The results confirm the psychometric adequacy of the adapted and translated CASIG in Canada...
- Consumers' goals in psychiatric rehabilitation and their concordance with existing servicesTania Lecomte
University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 56:209-11. 2005..Among these goals, the level of concordance was highest for services addressing symptoms and lowest for religious or spiritual goals...
- Investigating self-esteem in individuals with schizophrenia: relevance of the Self-Esteem Rating Scale-Short FormTania Lecomte
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, 828 West 10th Avenue, Room 214, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V5Z 1L8
Psychiatry Res 143:99-108. 2006..Limitations of this study and future directions are discussed...
- Change in delusions is associated with change in "jumping to conclusions"Todd S Woodward
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Psychiatry Res 170:124-7. 2009..This evidence is consistent with the contention that the JTC task is sensitive to the cognitive systems underlying delusions in schizophrenia spectrum disorders...
- Intrusion errors in explicit memory: their differential relationship with clinical and social outcome in chronic schizophreniaEmmanuel Stip
Department of Psychiatry, Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Hopital Louis H Lafontaine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 12:112-27. 2007..Memory deficits might account for clinical and adaptive differences between groups of patients with chronic schizophrenia. We investigated the qualitative factors of memory that influence clinical and social status...
- The need for speed: an update on methamphetamine addictionAlasdair M Barr
Centre for Complex Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Psychiatry Neurosci 31:301-13. 2006..It is hoped that increased knowledge of MA abuse will provide the basis for future treatment strategies...
- Early psychosis and aggression: predictors and prevalence of violent behaviour amongst individuals with early onset psychosisAlicia Spidel
The University of British Columbia, Canada
Int J Law Psychiatry 33:171-6. 2010..Targeted interventions and strategies may be further refined so that individuals receiving mental health services may be better served...
- Predictors of persistent psychotic symptoms in persons with methamphetamine abuse receiving psychiatric treatmentTania Lecomte
Departement de Psychologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Boston University, Massachusetts Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Department of Psychology, and Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Simon Fraser, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:1085-9. 2013..This study also highlights the importance of identifying people with persistent psychosis within MA users to facilitate rapid and effective treatment of co-occurring psychotic disorder. ..
- Changing the name of schizophrenia: patient perspectives and implications for DSM-VConstantin Tranulis
Department of Psychiatry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e55998. 2013..Preeminent researchers proposed its replacement with the salience syndrome concept, arguing for increased validity and less stigmatizing potential. This is the first study exploring the effects on stigma of this nosological proposal...
- [Group interventions for people with refractory psychosis]Tania Lecomte
University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Sante Ment Que 30:97-115. 2005..Details on how to conduct these three group interventions, as well as their clinical and theoretical relevance for individuals with refractory psychosis will be described...
- Symptom dimensions of the psychotic symptom rating scales in psychosis: a multisite studyTodd S Woodward
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada BC Mental Health and Addictions Research Institute, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Schizophr Bull 40:S265-74. 2014..Recommendations are provided for integrating these underlying constructs into research and clinical applications of the PSYRATS...
- Predictors and profiles of treatment non-adherence and engagement in services problems in early psychosisTania Lecomte
University of Montreal, Canada
Schizophr Res 102:295-302. 2008..Results are presented in light of the existing literature and clinical implications are discussed...
- Personality characteristics and attachment in first episode psychosis: impact on social functioningShannon Couture
Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:631-9. 2007..These findings have implications for the functional significance of these psychological constructs...
- Fluctuations in self-esteem and paranoia in the context of daily lifeViviane Thewissen
Faculty of Psychology, Open University of the Netherlands, Heerlen, The Netherlands
J Abnorm Psychol 117:143-53. 2008..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that paranoia is associated with dysfunctional strategies of self-esteem regulation...
- Do people with a first episode of psychosis differ in personality profiles?Marie Chantal Beauchamp
University of Montreal, Canada
Schizophr Res 85:162-7. 2006..Studies on personality profiles in psychosis typically report certain personality traits as linked to the disorder...