D C Lau
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- The Alberta moving beyond breast cancer (AMBER) cohort study: a prospective study of physical activity and health-related fitness in breast cancer survivorsKerry S Courneya
Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
BMC Cancer 12:525. 2012....
- Alberta Diabetes and Physical Activity Trial (ADAPT): a randomized theory-based efficacy trial for adults with type 2 diabetes--rationale, design, recruitment, evaluation, and disseminationRonald C Plotnikoff
School of Education, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW Australia
Trials 11:4. 2010..The primary aim of this study was to compare the efficacy of three physical activity (PA) behavioural intervention strategies in a sample of adults with type 2 diabetes...
- Diabetes and weight managementDavid C W Lau
Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Prim Care Diabetes 4:S24-30. 2010..Once-daily insulin detemir could be considered an effective therapy for people with type 2 diabetes on lifestyle interventions and oral anti-diabetic agent therapy who require insulin...
- Metabolic syndrome: perception or reality?David C W Lau
Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Curr Atheroscler Rep 11:264-71. 2009..Individuals with abdominal obesity should be further assessed for associated cardiometabolic risks. Global cardiovascular disease risk should take into consideration not only short-term but also lifetime risks...
- Synopsis of the 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and childrenDavid C W Lau
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, Diabetes and Endocrine Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 176:1103-6. 2007
- 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and children [summary]David C W Lau
Department of Medicine, Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, Diabetes and Endocrine Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 176:S1-13. 2007
- Screening for diabetes in women with polycystic ovary syndromeDavid C W Lau
Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 176:951-2. 2007
- Metabolic syndrome: a marker of patients at high cardiovascular riskDavid C W Lau
Department of Medicine, Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, Calgary, Alberta
Can J Cardiol 22:85B-90B. 2006..Given the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome and the exaggerated CVD risks, innovative therapeutic approaches continue to evolve...
- Effect of acarbose on insulin sensitivity in elderly patients with diabetesG S Meneilly
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes Care 23:1162-7. 2000..To study the effect of acarbose, an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor, on insulin release and insulin sensitivity in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Long-term dietary restriction influences plasma ghrelin and GOAT mRNA level in ratsRaylene A Reimer
Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Physiol Behav 99:605-10. 2010..Our findings suggest that long-term energy deficits continue to drive up ghrelin levels which may have profound implications for practical implementation of DR as an anti-aging or anti-obesity strategy in humans...
- Long term pharmacotherapy for obesity and overweight: updated meta-analysisDiana Rucker
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
BMJ 335:1194-9. 2007..To summarise the long term efficacy of anti-obesity drugs in reducing weight and improving health status...
- Adipokines: molecular links between obesity and atheroslcerosisDavid C W Lau
Department of Medicine, Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Center, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H2031-41. 2005..Finally, we will discuss how these new insights may provide us with innovative therapeutic strategies to improve cardiovascular health...
- Statin therapy and the management of acute coronary syndromesAnatoly Langer
Canadian Heart Research Centre and St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:921-7. 2003....