Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Physicians who commit sexual offences: are they different from other sex offenders?R Langevin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 44:775-80. 1999..To determine if physician sex offenders differ significantly from other sex offenders by using a control group and assessing both groups with reliable and valid instruments...
- A study of the psychosexual characteristics of sex killers: can we identify them before it is too late?Ron Langevin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 5468 Dundas Street West, Suite 402, Etobicoke, Ontario M9B 6E3
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 47:366-82. 2003..Results suggest that greater emphasis be placed on studying adolescent sex offenders and conduct disordered children which may help identify potential sex killers...
- The use of pornography during the commission of sexual offensesRon Langevin
University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, Ontario M9B 6E3, Canada
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 48:572-86. 2004..Results showed that pornography plays only a minor role in the commission of sexual offenses, however the current findings raise a major concern that pornography use in the commission of sexual crimes primarily involved child victims...
- Acceptance and completion of treatment among sex offendersRon Langevin
Juniper Associates, Ontario, Canada
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 50:402-17. 2006..The need to focus on motivating different types of sex offenders to accept and participate in treatment is discussed...
- The prevalence of diabetes among sexual and violent offenders and its co-occurrence with cognitive impairment, mania, psychotic symptoms and aggressive behaviorRon Langevin
University of Toronto, Canada
Int J Prison Health 4:83-95. 2008..Results indicate that a routine endocrine evaluation with blood tests would be a valuable addition to the assessment of violent and sexual offenders...
- Personality and deviant sexual fantasies: an examination of the MMPIs of sex offendersSuzanne Curnoe
Juniper Associates, Canada
J Clin Psychol 58:803-15. 2002..There was no interaction of fantasy groups and sex offender groups, indicating that the two factors can be considered independently...
- Family size, birth order, and parental age among male paraphilics and sex offendersRon Langevin
Juniper Associates, 5468 Dundas Street West, Suite 402, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9B 6E3, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 36:599-609. 2007....
- Are the mentally retarded and learning disordered overrepresented among sex offenders and paraphilics?Ron Langevin
Juniper Associates, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada langevin95 sympatico ca
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 52:401-15. 2008....