- Merrifield P, Laird D. Connexins in skeletal muscle development and disease. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2016;50:67-73 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the role connexins play in muscle development and repair and discuss the impact of Cx43 mutants on muscle function. ..
- Kelly J, Esseltine J, Shao Q, Jabs E, SAMPSON J, Auranen M, et al. Specific functional pathologies of Cx43 mutations associated with oculodentodigital dysplasia. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:2172-85 pubmed publisher..Together these findings enabled us to discover mutation-specific pathologies that may help to predict future clinical outcomes. ..
- Laird D. Closing the gap on autosomal dominant connexin-26 and connexin-43 mutants linked to human disease. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2997-3001 pubmed....
- Shao Q, Lindstrom K, Shi R, Kelly J, Schroeder A, Juusola J, et al. A Germline Variant in the PANX1 Gene Has Reduced Channel Function and Is Associated with Multisystem Dysfunction. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12432-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we demonstrate a PANX1 missense change associated with human disease in the first report of a "PANX1-related disorder." ..
- Esseltine J, Laird D. Next-Generation Connexin and Pannexin Cell Biology. Trends Cell Biol. 2016;26:944-955 pubmed publisher....
- Press E, Shao Q, Kelly J, Chin K, Alaga A, Laird D. Induction of cell death and gain-of-function properties of connexin26 mutants predict severity of skin disorders and hearing loss. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9721-9732 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cell death-inducing GJB2 mutations lead to more severe syndromic disease. ..