T Kue Young
Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in children: prenatal and early infancy risk factors among native canadiansT Kue Young
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, 750 Bannatyne Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0W3
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:651-5. 2002..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is increasingly being observed among children and youth, including the Native population of Canada. Only one study has investigated prenatal and early infancy risk factors for the disease...
- Factor analysis of ethnic variation in the multiple metabolic (insulin resistance) syndrome in three Canadian populationsT Kue Young
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3E 0W3
Am J Hum Biol 14:649-58. 2002..MMS is prevalent in diverse ethnic groups but varies in the pattern of phenotypic expression, with some components more prominent in some groups...
- Prevalence and risk factors for neuropathy in a Canadian First Nation communitySharon G Bruce
Department of Community Health Services, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Diabetes Care 31:1837-41. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of and risk factors for diabetic neuropathy in a Canadian First Nation population...
- Obesity and obesity-related comorbidities in a Canadian First Nation populationSharon G Bruce
University of Manitoba, Department of Community Health Sciences, S113 Medical Services Bldg, 750 Bannatyne Ave, Winnipeg, MB Canada
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A03. 2011..Rates of obesity are higher among Canada's Aboriginal First Nations populations than among non-First Nations populations. We studied obesity and obesity-related illness in a Manitoba First Nation community...
- Cardiovascular risk according to plasma apolipoprotein and lipid profiles in a Canadian First NationNatalie D Riediger
University of Manitoba, S113 Medical Services Bldg, 750 Bannatyne Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A05. 2011..Our aim was to describe the apolipoprotein profile with respect to cardiovascular risk in a Canadian First Nation community...
- Ethnic and regional differences in prevalence and correlates of chronic diseases and risk factors in northern CanadaJoykrishna Sarkar
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A13. 2010..We investigated ethnic and geographic variations in major chronic diseases and risk factors in northern Canada, an area that is undergoing rapid changes in its social, cultural, and physical environments...