Mier H Kryger
Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- What are obstructive sleep apnea patients being treated for prior to this diagnosis?Robert Smith
Sleep Disorders Center, St Boniface General Hospital Research Center, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Chest 121:164-72. 2002..Although obesity and certain cardiovascular disorders are more common in OSAS patients, the precise cause of increased health-care utilization is unclear...
- Diagnoses received by narcolepsy patients in the year prior to diagnosis by a sleep specialistMier H Kryger
Sleep Disorders Centre, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Section of Respiratory Diseases Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Sleep 25:36-41. 2002....
- Sleep disorders in repeat blood donorsMeir H Kryger
Sleep 26:625-6. 2003
- The visual scoring of sleep in adultsMichael H Silber
Mayo Sleep Disorders Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:121-31. 2007..Movement time was eliminated and major body movements defined. Studies are needed to test the reliability of the new rules. Future advances in technology may require modification of these rules with time...
- Healthcare utilization in women with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome 2 years after diagnosis and treatmentKatsuhisa Banno
Sleep Disorders Center, St. Boniface General Hospital, Section of Respiratory Diseases, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Sleep 29:1307-11. 2006..70+/-0.90 in NCU [p < .01], and 1.04+/-0.90 in the WL group [p < .05] ). CONCLUSIONS: Healthcare utilization in women with OSAS increased in the years before sleep-clinic evaluation and then decreased in the following 2 years...
- Hyperthyroidism in a patient referred for an assessment of obstructive sleep apnea syndromeKatsuhisa Banno
Sleep Disorders Center, St Boniface General Hospital, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Manitoba, Room R2034, 351 Tache Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R2H 2A6
Sleep Med 7:195-6. 2006
- Utilization of healthcare resources in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: a 5-year follow-up study in men using CPAPMohammed Albarrak
Sleep Disorders Center, St Boniface General Hospital, Section of Respiratory Diseases, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Sleep 28:1306-11. 2005..Preexisting ischemic heart disease results in a negative impact on healthcare utilization. CPAP results in a long-term health benefit, as measured by the use of healthcare services...
- Experience in using split-day studies for suspected obstructive sleep apnea syndromeKatsuhisa Banno
Sleep Disorders Center, St. Boniface General Hospital, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R2H 2A6
Respir Med 99:1334-9. 2005..0%) who ultimately had severe OSAS who were not diagnosed on SDS. CONCLUSIONS: SDS was found to be useful in the evaluation and treatment of highly selected patients with severe daytime sleepiness (ESS 16) and suspected OSAS...
- Sleep disorders in a military populationMeir H Kryger
Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Mil Med 168:7-10. 2003..The neurocognitive impairment associated with SBD and movement disorders impacts highly on the ability of these groups to safely perform their jobs...
- Increasing obesity trends in patients with sleep-disordered breathing referred to a sleep disorders centerKatsuhisa Banno
Sleep Disorders Centre, St. Boniface General Hospital, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Clin Sleep Med 1:364-6. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: The BMI in patients referred to a sleep disorders center for an assessment of SBD has increased significantly over 9 years. Recent obesity trends may contribute to the increase in the number of patients with SBD...
- Impact of Obesity and Sleep Disorders on HealthMeir Kryger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research may show that OSAS is a cause of the high death rate in obesity, making OSAS, not just obesity, a major public health problem. ..