Marvin D Krank
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Goal- and signal-directed incentive: conditioned approach, seeking, and consumption established with unsweetened alcohol in ratsMarvin D Krank
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7, Canada
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 196:397-405. 2008..Many theories of addictive behavior propose that cues signaling drug administration influence the likelihood of drug-taking and drug-seeking behavior...
- Paradoxical effects of alcohol information on alcohol outcome expectanciesMarvin D Krank
The University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna BC, Canada
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:1193-200. 2010..The present study assessed the impact of information statements on the accessibility of alcohol outcome expectancies...
- Self-coded indirect memory associations and alcohol and marijuana use in college studentsMarvin D Krank
College of Graduate Studies, University of British Columbia Okanagan, 3333 University Way, Kelowna, BC, V1V 1V7 Canada
Behav Res Methods 42:733-8. 2010..Self-coding is efficient and may be useful for reducing ambiguities in coding of many different kinds of open-ended responses...
- Structural, concurrent, and predictive validity of the Substance Use Risk Profile Scale in early adolescenceMarvin Krank
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Addict Behav 36:37-46. 2011..Findings suggest clinical utility for screening adolescents at risk for substance use...
- Self-coded indirect memory associations in a brief school-based intervention for substance use suspensionsAarin P Frigon
Psychology and Computer Science, The University of British Columbia, Okanagan, Kelowna, BC, Canada
Psychol Addict Behav 23:736-42. 2009..The present method promises a cost effective and valid measure of indirect substance use cognitions that can be readily adapted for interventions...
- Environmental context conditioning with ethanol reduces the aversive effects of ethanol in the acquisition of self-administration in ratsMarvin D Krank
Faculty of Arts, Okanagan University College, 3333 College Way, Kelowna, BC, Canada, V1V 1V7
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:258-65. 2002..For example, few studies have addressed the effects of Pavlovian conditioning on the acquisition of self-administration...
- Pavlovian conditioning with ethanol: sign-tracking (autoshaping), conditioned incentive, and ethanol self-administrationMarvin D Krank
Okanagan University College and Mount Allison University, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1592-8. 2003..Incentive motivation enhances drug-taking and drug-seeking behavior. We investigated the behavioral response to cues associated with ethanol and their interaction with operant self-administration of ethanol...
- Outcome expectancy liking: a self-generated, self-coded measure predicts adolescent substance use trajectoriesHeather G Fulton
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Psychol Addict Behav 26:870-9. 2012..The outcome expectancy liking task is a simple and unobtrusive method for identifying adolescents who are at risk for early substance abuse...