Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Advanced trauma life support, 8th edition, the evidence for changeJohn B Kortbeek
Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, Alberta T2N 2T9, Canada
J Trauma 64:1638-50. 2008..New materials related to principles of disaster management have been added. ATLS is a common language teaching one safe way of initial trauma assessment and management...
- SOFA is superior to MOD score for the determination of non-neurologic organ dysfunction in patients with severe traumatic brain injury: a cohort studyDavid Zygun
Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta
Crit Care 10:R115. 2006..To compare the discriminative ability of the SOFA and MOD scoring systems with respect to hospital mortality and unfavorable neurologic outcome in patients with severe traumatic brain injury admitted to intensive care...
- The development and testing of a survey to measure patient and family experiences with injury careNiklas Bobrovitz
Department of Community Health Sciences, Institute for Public Health, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 73:1332-9. 2012..To deliver patient-centered trauma care, we must capture patient and family experiences with the services they receive. We developed and pilot tested a survey to measure patient and family experiences with major injury care...
- The hand-held ultrasound examination for penetrating abdominal traumaAndrew W Kirkpatrick
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Foothills Medical Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Surg 187:660-5. 2004..An evaluation of hand-held ultrasonography (US) in the assessment of penetrating torso trauma has not yet been reported...
- Prospective cohort study protocol to evaluate the validity and reliability of the Quality of Trauma Care Patient-Reported Experience Measure (QTAC-PREM)Niklas Bobrovitz
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB T2N 4Z6, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:98. 2013..The objective of this study is to test the reliability, validity, and feasibility of the QTAC-PREM in multiple Canadian trauma centers and to refine the measure based on the results...
- From Anthony Henday to big box superstores: trends in Canadian trauma careJohn Kortbeek
Trauma Services, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Trauma 55:395-8. 2003