Genomes and Genes
Thomas G Koch
Affiliation: University of Guelph
- Semilobar holoprosencephaly in a Morgan horseThomas G Koch
Department of Clinical Studies, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Vet Intern Med 19:367-72. 2005
- Improved isolation protocol for equine cord blood-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsThomas G Koch
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Ontario, Guelph, Canada
Cytotherapy 11:443-7. 2009..The objective of this study was to improve the isolation procedure for equine CB-MSCs...
- Current and future regenerative medicine - principles, concepts, and therapeutic use of stem cell therapy and tissue engineering in equine medicineThomas G Koch
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Can Vet J 50:155-65. 2009..Controlled, well-designed studies are needed to move this new equine research field forward...
- Concepts for the clinical use of stem cells in equine medicineThomas G Koch
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can Vet J 49:1009-17. 2008..Stem cell research in the horse has exciting equine specific and comparative perspectives that will most likely benefit the health of horses and, potentially, humans...
- Stem cell therapy for joint problems using the horse as a clinically relevant animal modelThomas G Koch
University of Guelph, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1, Canada
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:1621-6. 2007..Equine stem cell and tissue engineering studies may be financially feasible to principal investigators and small biotechnology companies if the equine industry is successfully engaged in the research process...
- Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from equine umbilical cord bloodThomas G Koch
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
BMC Biotechnol 7:26. 2007..The hypothesis of this study was that equine MSCs could be isolated from fresh whole equine cord blood...
- Lymphoma, erythrocytosis, and tumor erythropoietin gene expression in a horseThomas G Koch
Department of Clinical Studies, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Vet Intern Med 20:1251-5. 2006
- MicroRNA-140 expression during chondrogenic differentiation of equine cord blood-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsMidori E Buechli
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Stem Cells Dev 22:1288-96. 2013..Together, these studies suggest that miR-140 is an important regulator of cartilage development and homeostasis in eCB-MSCs that may act, in part, through the regulation of CXCL12 and ADAMTS-5...
- Larval cyathostominosis in horses in Ontario: an emerging disease?Andrew S Peregrine
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
Can Vet J 47:80-2. 2006..Cases occurred from September to May, the majority from October to December. Median age was 12 mo. Diarrhea, colic, and weight loss were common clinical signs. Hypoalbuminemia and microcytosis were consistent findings...
- Use of somatic cell nuclear transfer to study meiosis in female cattle carrying a sex-dependent fertility-impairing X-chromosome abnormalityGyu Jin Rho
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Cloning Stem Cells 9:118-29. 2007....