A F Klassen
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Caregiver-reported health outcomes of preschool children born at 28 to 32 weeks' gestationVeronica Schiariti
British Columbia Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Dev Behav Pediatr 28:9-15. 2007..We conducted a population-based survey of caregivers of all preschoolers at 42 months of age who had been admitted at birth in 1996-1997 to a tertiary neonatal intensive care unit in British Columbia (BC), Canada...
- Family physicians' involvement and self-reported comfort and skill in care of children with behavioral and emotional problems: a population-based surveyAnton R Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 6:12. 2005....
- Agreement between parent and child report of quality of life in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderA F Klassen
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Child Care Health Dev 32:397-406. 2006....
- Linking survey data with administrative health information: characteristics associated with consent from a neonatal intensive care unit follow-up studyAnne F Klassen
Centre for Community Child Health Research, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 96:151-4. 2005..Our aim was to compare consent rates to data linkage in two samples of caregivers and describe characteristics associated with consenters...
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and youth: a quantitative systematic review of the efficacy of different management strategiesA Klassen
Centre for Health Evaluation Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Can J Psychiatry 44:1007-16. 1999..To obtain estimates of the relative efficacy of 3 main treatment strategies for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and youth (age < 18 years)...
- Psychological health of family caregivers of children admitted at birth to a NICU and healthy children: a population-based cross-sectional surveyAnne F Klassen
Centre for Community Child Health Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Pediatr 4:24. 2004....
- Health-related quality of life in children and adolescents who have a diagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAnne F Klassen
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, and Children s and Women s Health Center of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatrics 114:e541-7. 2004....
- Health status and health-related quality of life in a population-based sample of neonatal intensive care unit graduatesAnne F Klassen
Centre for Community Child Health Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatrics 113:594-600. 2004....
- Health related quality of life in 3 and 4 year old children and their parents: preliminary findings about a new questionnaireAnne F Klassen
Centre for Community Child Health Research, L408, 4480 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3V4, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:81. 2003..The objective of this study was to assess reliability and validity of a new multidimensional generic measure of health-related quality of life developed for use with preschool children...
- Perinatal characteristics and parents' perspective of health status of NICU graduates born at termV Schiariti
Department of Pediatrics, Sunny Hill Health Centre, British Columbia Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Perinatol 28:368-76. 2008..Our objectives were to assess perinatal characteristics and health status of preschool age term babies using data from a population-based study of NICU graduates...
- Family-centred care: a qualitative study of Chinese and South Asian immigrant parents' experiences of care in paediatric oncologyL Watt
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton Division of Haematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto Division of Haematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa Health Informatics Institute, Algoma University, Sault Ste Marie, ON Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Child Care Health Dev 39:185-93. 2013..Moreover, a better understanding of how family relationships are structured in immigrant families will assist healthcare providers to balance the best interests of the child with that of the family as a unit...
- Impact of caring for a child with cancer on parents' health-related quality of lifeAnne F Klassen
DPhil, Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, 3A, 1200 Main St W, Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 3Z5, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:5884-9. 2008..To compare the health-related quality of life (QOL) of parents of children who are undergoing treatment for cancer with that of Canadian population norms and to identify important parent and child predictors of parental QOL...
- Evaluating family-centred service in paediatric oncology with the measure of processes of care (MPOC-20)A F Klassen
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, 3A, 1200 Main Street W, Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5, Canada
Child Care Health Dev 35:16-22. 2009..We performed a comprehensive evaluation of the psychometric properties of the 20-item Measure of Processes of Care (MPOC-20) in parents of children undergoing treatment for cancer at five paediatric oncology centres in Canada...
- Factors affecting the delivery of family-centered care in pediatric oncologyDavid B Dix
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1079-85. 2009..Our study examines factors related to parental perception of the family-centeredness of pediatric oncology services...
- Continuity of care for children with complex chronic health conditions: parents' perspectivesAnton R Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 9:242. 2009....
- Clinical research in pediatric plastic surgery and systematic review of quality-of-life questionnairesAnne F Klassen
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, IAHS Building, Room 408D, 1400 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 1C7, Canada
Clin Plast Surg 35:251-67. 2008..The results of a systematic literature review to identify and appraise pediatric plastic surgery condition-specific measures of QOL are presented...
- Quality-of-life outcomes after surgical correction of pectus excavatum: a comparison of the Ravitch and Nuss proceduresMindy W C Lam
Division of Pediatric General Surgery, Department of Surgery, BC Children s Hospital, University of BC, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3V4
J Pediatr Surg 43:819-25. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare clinical and health-related quality-of-life (HRQL) outcomes within a group of patients treated for pectus excavatum (PE)...
- Satisfaction and quality of life in women who undergo breast surgery: a qualitative studyAnne F Klassen
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, 3A 1200 Main Street W, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada
BMC Womens Health 9:11. 2009..We aimed to describe how breast conditions and breast surgery impact on patient satisfaction and quality of life...
- Conceptualizing childhood health problems using survey data: a comparison of key indicatorsDafna E Kohen
Health Information and Research Division, Statistics Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMC Pediatr 7:40. 2007..This study compares these different indicators in terms of the prevalence rates elicited, and in terms of how the subgroups identified differ...