Valerie G Kirk
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Continuous positive airway pressure for children: a discussion on how to maximize complianceValerie G Kirk
Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2T 5C7
Sleep Med Rev 10:119-27. 2006..This review aims to outline an approach to the successful initiation of CPAP treatment in children including some trouble-shooting strategies to maximize initial and ongoing compliance with prescribed therapy...
- Comparison of home oximetry monitoring with laboratory polysomnography in childrenValerie G Kirk
Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Chest 124:1702-8. 2003..To measure the accuracy and reliability of a portable home oximetry monitor with an automated analysis for the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in children...
- Periodic limb movements in children: prevalence in a referred populationValerie G Kirk
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sleep 27:313-5. 2004..To determine the prevalence of periodic limb movements of sleep (PLMS) in children referred for evaluation of sleep disorders...
- Pulmonary complications of neuromuscular diseaseValerie G Kirk
University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, 1820 Richmond Road SW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2T 5C7
Paediatr Respir Rev 7:S232-4. 2006
- Transcutaneous carbon dioxide monitoring and capnography during pediatric polysomnographyValerie G Kirk
University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary AB, Canada
Sleep 29:1601-8. 2006..We hypothesized that there would be close agreement between the two techniques when compared in a pediatric population...
- Compliance rates in children using noninvasive continuous positive airway pressureAnne R O'Donnell
University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary, Canada
Sleep 29:651-8. 2006..Data from a comprehensive nCPAP program are used to describe nCPAP use among children aged 6 months to 18 years and provide time-in-use compliance rates...
- Infancy onset of symptoms of narcolepsy in a childManisha B Witmans
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, Canada
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 41:609-12. 2002