Erin J Keely
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Writing effective consultation letters: 12 tips for teachersErin Keely
Department of MedicineUniversity of Ottawa, Canada
Med Teach 24:585-9. 2002..This article describes the authors' experience in teaching the skill of writing effective consultation letters to residents and describes strategies for evaluating this skill...
- Transition from specialist to primary diabetes care: a qualitative study of perspectives of primary care physiciansSharon Brez
Foustanellas Endocrine and Diabetes Centre, The Ottawa Hospital, 4th Floor Riverside Campus, 1967 Riverside Drive, Ottawa Ontario, K1H 7W9, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 10:39. 2009..This study was undertaken to explore primary care physician (PCP) perspectives and concerns related to reassuming responsibility for diabetes care after referral to a specialized diabetes center...
- Screening for type 2 diabetes following gestational diabetes: family physician and patient perspectivesErin Keely
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada
Can Fam Physician 56:558-63. 2010....
- A teaching encounter card to evaluate clinical supervisors across clerkship rotationsErin Keely
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Med Teach 32:e96-100. 2010..Evaluation of faculty teaching is critical to improving the educational experience for both students and faculty...
- Prevalence of metabolic markers of insulin resistance in offspring of gestational diabetes pregnanciesErin J Keely
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Diabetes 9:53-9. 2008..Screening strategies that focus on glucose levels may need to be reconsidered to institute early intervention with lifestyle changes for children at risk...
- Peer assessment of outpatient consultation letters--feasibility and satisfactionErin Keely
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Canada
BMC Med Educ 7:13. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine the feasibility and satisfaction of a peer assessment program on consultation letters and to determine inter-rater reliability between family physicians and specialists...
- Can written communication skills be tested in an objective structured clinical examination format?Erin Keely
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med 77:82-6. 2002..To design and evaluate an objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) station on dictating a consult letter as part of a formative OSCE for internal medicine residents...
- Do postal reminders increase postpartum screening of diabetes mellitus in women with gestational diabetes mellitus? A randomized controlled trialHeather D Clark
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:634.e1-7. 2009..We sought to determine whether postal reminders to be sent after delivery to a patient, her physician, or both would increase screening rates...
- Resident evaluations: the use of daily evaluation forms in rheumatology ambulatory careSusan Humphrey-Murto
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, The Ottawa Hospital Riverside Campus, 1967 Riverside Drive, Box 37, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 7W9, Canada
J Rheumatol 36:1298-303. 2009..The purpose of our study was to assess the feasibility, validity, reliability, and effect on feedback of using daily evaluation forms to evaluate residents in ambulatory rheumatology clinics...
- Communication skills, cultural challenges and individual support: challenges of international medical graduates in a Canadian healthcare environmentPippa Hall
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Med Teach 26:120-5. 2004..g. negotiating treatment, (4) adequate support system for IMGs; (5) faculty and staff education on the cultural challenges faced by IMGs...
- Did publication of a clinical practice guideline recommendation to screen for type 2 diabetes in women with gestational diabetes change practice?Heather D Clark
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes Care 26:265-8. 2003..To determine whether women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) were screened postpartum for type 2 diabetes according to the Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA) guidelines...
- Participation of pregnant women in clinical trials: will they participate and why?Marc A Rodger
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Program, Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Perinatol 20:69-76. 2003..Pregnant women appear to be willing to accept risks to themselves, if there is a chance that participation in a clinical trial would help their pregnancy and improve their baby's health...
- The management of thrombophilia during pregnancy: a Canadian surveyMarc A Rodger
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 24:946-52. 2002....