- Does advanced maternal age confer a survival advantage to infants born at early gestation?
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia and the Children s and Women s Hospital of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:87. 2013
..We examined the effect of maternal age on gestational age-specific perinatal mortality...
- Temporal trends in the frequency of twins and higher-order multiple births in Canada and the United States
Deshayne B Fell
Better Outcomes Registry and Network BORN Ontario, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:103. 2012
..Our objective was to explore the most recent temporal trends in rates of multiple births in Canada and the United States...
- Birth weight differences between preterm stillbirths and live births: analysis of population-based studies from the U.S. and Sweden
Department of Pediatrics, McGill University Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:119. 2012
..The objective of this study is to compare birth weights at preterm gestational ages between live births and stillbirths, and between those occurring before or during labour...
- Sudden infant death syndrome: a re-examination of temporal trends
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia and the Women s Hospital and Health Centre of British Columbia, Room E418B, 4480 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 3 V4, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:59. 2012
..We assessed whether changes in the gestational age distribution of births also contributed to the temporal reduction in SIDS...
- Determinants of place of death: a population-based retrospective cohort study
Division of Palliative Care, Department of Family Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Palliat Care 12:19. 2013
..As Canada's population ages, the location of end of life care (whether at home, extended care facility or hospital) may change depending on the location of death. We carried out a study to identify determinants of the place of death...
- Determinants of increases in stillbirth rates from 2000 to 2010
K S Joseph
Perinatal Services BC, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 185:E345-51. 2013
..After decades of decline, stillbirth rates have increased in several industrialized countries in recent years. We examined data from the province of British Columbia, Canada, in an attempt to explain this unexpected phenomenon...
- Influence of definition based versus pragmatic birth registration on international comparisons of perinatal and infant mortality: population based retrospective study
K S Joseph
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3N1
BMJ 344:e746. 2012
..To examine variations in the registration of extremely low birthweight and early gestation births and to assess their effect on perinatal and infant mortality rankings of industrialised countries...
- Temporal trends in neonatal outcomes following iatrogenic preterm delivery
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia and the Women s Hospital and Health Centre of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:39. 2011
..We studied the effects of increasing iatrogenic preterm birth on temporal trends in perinatal mortality and serious neonatal morbidity in the United States...
- Co-bedding as a Comfort measure For Twins undergoing painful procedures (CComForT Trial)
Marsha L Campbell-Yeo
Women s and Newborn Health Program, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
BMC Pediatr 9:76. 2009
..The intent of this study is to compare the comfort effect of co-bedding (between twin infants who are co-bedding and those who are not) on infant pain response and physiologic stability during a tissue breaking procedure (heelstick)...