Derek J Jonker
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Cetuximab for the treatment of colorectal cancerDerek J Jonker
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 357:2040-8. 2007..Cetuximab, an IgG1 chimeric monoclonal antibody against epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), has activity against colorectal cancers that express EGFR...
- Adjuvant systemic chemotherapy for Stage II and III colon cancer after complete resection: an updated practice guidelineD J Jonker
Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 23:314-22. 2011....
- A phase I study to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a dual VEGFR and FGFR inhibitor, brivanib, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumorsD J Jonker
Division of Medical Oncology, Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Ann Oncol 22:1413-9. 2011..This study was designed to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of brivanib in patients with advanced/metastatic solid tumors...
- Quality of life in patients with K-RAS wild-type colorectal cancer: the CO.20 phase 3 randomized trialJolie Ringash
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 120:181-9. 2014..The CO.20 trial randomized patients with K-RAS wild-type, chemotherapy-refractory, metastatic colorectal cancer to receive cetuximab (CET) plus brivanib alaninate (BRIV) or CET plus placebo (CET/placebo)...
- Phase III randomized, placebo-controlled study of cetuximab plus brivanib alaninate versus cetuximab plus placebo in patients with metastatic, chemotherapy-refractory, wild-type K-RAS colorectal carcinoma: the NCIC Clinical Trials Group and AGITG CO.20 TrLillian L Siu
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Clin Oncol 31:2477-84. 2013..The addition of brivanib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and fibroblast growth factor receptor, to cetuximab has shown encouraging early clinical activity...
- Prospective cost-effectiveness analysis of cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancer: evaluation of National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group CO.17 trialNicole Mittmann
Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics Research Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1182-92. 2009..17 study who received cetuximab plus best supportive care (N = 283) or best supportive care alone (N = 274)...
- Phase I clinical trial of Exherin (ADH-1) in patients with advanced solid tumorsNirit Yarom
Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Curr Clin Pharmacol 8:81-8. 2013..Eleven patients had disease control, the single patient who had partial response had N-cadherin positive tumor. Conclusion: ADH-1 is a well tolerated drug with a modest anti tumor effect in tumors which express N-cadherin...
- A phase II, multicenter study of cetuximab monotherapy in patients with refractory, metastatic colorectal carcinoma with absent epidermal growth factor receptor immunostainingRafal Wierzbicki
Durham Regional Cancer Centre, 1 Hospital Court, Oshawa, ON, L1G 2B9, Canada
Invest New Drugs 29:167-74. 2011..To determine antitumor activity of cetuximab monotherapy in patients with refractory metastatic colorectal carcinoma (mCRC) with lack of specific membrane immunostaining for the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)...
- Stage-dependent differential expression of microRNAs in colorectal cancer: potential role as markers of metastatic diseaseMichael M Vickers
Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:123-32. 2012..We have further found that an analysis of these five miRs expression levels in primary tumors significantly correlates with the presence of metastatic disease, making this a potential clinically useful prognostic tool...
- ADH-1 in the treatment of metastatic adrenocortical carcinoma--case reportNirit Yarom
The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Anticancer Res 31:3921-5. 2011..This observation merits consideration for prospectively evaluating the efficacy of ADH-1 in patients with cortisol secreting ACC that over express N-cadherin...
- Impact of patient selection, disease progression, and adverse events on esophageal cancer outcomes after trimodality therapySebastien Gilbert
Division of Thoracic Surgery, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 94:1659-66. 2012..Neoadjuvant chemoradiation followed by surgery (NeoCRT) has been advocated as standard therapy for resectable esophageal cancer. Our objective was to compare oncologic outcomes between NeoCRT and upfront surgical resection (SURG)...
- The role of the epidermal growth factor receptor in the mechanism and treatment of colorectal cancerNirit Yarom
Department of Medical Oncology, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8L6, Canada
Discov Med 11:95-105. 2011..The anti-EGFR monoclonal antibodies and their predictive biomarkers have taken colon cancer treatment another step closer towards the goal of tailored cancer therapy...
- K-ras mutations and benefit from cetuximab in advanced colorectal cancerChristos S Karapetis
Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
N Engl J Med 359:1757-65. 2008..The mutation status of the K-ras gene in the tumor may affect the response to cetuximab and have treatment-independent prognostic value...