Julie A Irving
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Cellular fibromas of the ovary: a study of 75 cases including 40 mitotically active tumors emphasizing their distinction from fibrosarcomaJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 30:929-38. 2006..As prior observations have shown that even typical CFs can occasionally recur locally, particularly if they are associated with rupture or adherence, long-term follow-up for patients with CFs and MACFs is appropriate...
- Krukenberg tumor of renal pelvic origin: report of a case with selected comments on ovarian tumors metastatic from the urinary tractJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and the Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 25:147-50. 2006..This unique case reinforces that tumors with signet-ring cell morphology have a propensity to metastasize to the ovary, and indicates that renal pelvic carcinoma rarely may be the source of Krukenberg tumors...
- Lung carcinoma metastatic to the ovary: a clinicopathologic study of 32 cases emphasizing their morphologic spectrum and problems in differential diagnosisJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 29:997-1006. 2005..The differential diagnosis with the primary ovarian tumors most often meriting consideration, including unusual variants of surface epithelial tumors, is discussed...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors metastatic to the ovary: a report of five casesJulie A Irving
James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories of Massachusetts General Hospital and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:920-6. 2005....
- Papillary proliferation of the endometrium: a clinicopathologic study of 59 cases of simple and complex papillae without cytologic atypiaPhilip P C Ip
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China Department of Pathology, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria, BC, Canada Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada Department of Pathology, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, Belfast, Northern Ireland The James Homer Wright Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Am J Surg Pathol 37:167-77. 2013..As the distinction between simple and complex PPE may be difficult in small endometrial aspirational samples, consideration for curettage should be given to ascertain whether the lesion has been completely removed...
- Müllerian adenosarcomas with unusual growth patterns: staging issuesBlaise Alexander Clarke
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:340-7. 2011..This will facilitate reliable data collection such that an evidence-based staging system for these scenarios may be derived...
- Ovarian spindle cell lesions: a review with emphasis on recent developments and differential diagnosisJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Adv Anat Pathol 14:305-19. 2007..Morphology remains the mainstay in diagnosis but immunohistochemistry may be invaluable in certain circumstances, one example being the identification of a metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor within the ovary...
- The diagnosis of endometrial carcinomas with clear cells by gynecologic pathologists: an assessment of interobserver variability and associated morphologic featuresOluwole Fadare
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:1107-18. 2012..Cases that display broad and significant qualitative deviations from the aforementioned profile should prompt the consideration of a diagnosis other than CCC...
- Mixed ovarian epithelial carcinomas with clear cell and serous components are variants of high-grade serous carcinoma: an interobserver correlative and immunohistochemical study of 32 casesGuangming Han
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 32:955-64. 2008..3) Mixed SEC with clear cell and serous components show similar stage, mitotic activities, and immunoreactivities to those of pure SC, and likely represent SC with clear cell changes...
- Uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex cord tumors are polyphenotypic neoplasms with true sex cord differentiationJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Mod Pathol 19:17-24. 2006..Overall, the morphologic and immunohistochemical findings in uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex cord tumors strongly support that these unusual uterine tumors are polyphenotypic neoplasms with true sex cord differentiation...
- Synchronous endometrioid carcinomas of the uterine corpus and ovary: alterations in the beta-catenin (CTNNB1) pathway are associated with independent primary tumors and favorable prognosisJulie A Irving
Department of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Pathol 36:605-19. 2005..Furthermore, our data show that molecular genetic classification of synchronous independent versus metastatic tumors based on beta -catenin expression/mutation correlates with clinical outcome...
- Granulosa cell tumors of the ovary with a pseudopapillary pattern: a study of 14 cases of an unusual morphologic variant emphasizing their distinction from transitional cell neoplasms and other papillary ovarian tumorsJulie A Irving
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 32:581-6. 2008..This phenomenon seems to be related to the cystic change that is a feature of many granulosa cell tumors...
- Molecular genetic alterations in endometrioid carcinomas of the ovary: similar frequency of beta-catenin abnormalities but lower rate of microsatellite instability and PTEN alterations than in uterine endometrioid carcinomasLluis Catasus
Department of Pathology, Santa Creu and Santa Pau Hospital, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Hum Pathol 35:1360-8. 2004..Alterations in beta-catenin and PTEN genes, as well as MSI, are frequent in low-stage ovarian carcinomas of endometrioid type that have a favorable prognosis...
- Endocervical-like mucinous borderline tumors of the ovary: a clinicopathologic analysis of 31 casesIngrid M Rodriguez
Department of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Sant Antoni Ma Claret 167, Autonomous University of Barcelona, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1311-8. 2004..The frequency of occurrence and criteria for the diagnosis of intraepithelial carcinoma and microinvasion in ELMBT are discussed...
- Cyclical expression of the DNA mismatch repair enzyme hMLH1 in normal endometriumJulie A Irving
Fertil Steril 78:195-6. 2002