Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Poor adherence to placebo or amiodarone therapy predicts mortality: results from the CAMIAT study. Canadian Amiodarone Myocardial Infarction Arrhythmia TrialJ Irvine
The Toronto Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychosom Med 61:566-75. 1999..This study examined the relationship between adherence, mortality, and psychosocial factors...
- Depression and risk of sudden cardiac death after acute myocardial infarction: testing for the confounding effects of fatigueJ Irvine
Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychosom Med 61:729-37. 1999..This study examined the impact of depressive symptoms and social support on 2-year sudden cardiac death (SCD) risk, controlling for fatigue symptoms...
- The feasibility of assessing women's perceptions of the risks and benefits of fertility drug therapy in relation to ovarian cancer riskB Rosen
Toronto Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 68:90-4. 1997..To determine the feasibility of asking women undergoing fertility treatment the maximum increased risk of ovarian cancer they would be willing to tolerate in order to take ovulation-induction drugs...
- A longitudinal study of psychological adjustment to familial genetic risk assessment for ovarian cancerP Ritvo
Department of Public Health Sciences, Family and Community Medicine and Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 74:331-7. 1999..To evaluate the psychological adjustment of women during initial genetic ovarian cancer risk assessment and at clinic follow-up, 6-12 months later...
- Construction of the Patient-Oriented Prostate Utility Scale (PORPUS): a multiattribute health state classification system for prostate cancerM Krahn
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 53:920-30. 2000..In conjunction with a set of utility weights, it may be used to develop a health status index, to improve utility measurement in patients, and to serve as a short psychometric (nonutility) instrument...
- The disconnect: infertility patients' information and the role they wish to play in decision makingD E Stewart
University of Toronto, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Canada
Medscape Womens Health 6:1. 2001....
- Psychological factors and depressive symptoms in ischemic heart diseaseZ M Shnek
Department of Psychology, Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Health Psychol 20:141-5. 2001..The global expectancies that optimism assessed appeared to be more stable over time than the statelike beliefs of cognitive distortions and may have accounted for why optimism predicted T2 depressive symptoms...
- Psychological adjustment to familial-genetic risk assessment for ovarian cancer: predictors of nonadherence to surveillance recommendationsP Ritvo
Toronto General Hospital, Ontario Cancer Institute University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 84:72-80. 2002..To evaluate whether self-report measures of psychological distress and perceived risk were associated with nonadherence to recommended ovarian cancer surveillance...