Janine R Hutson
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Use of clarithromycin and adverse cardiovascular events among older patients receiving donepezil: a population-based, nested case-control studyJanine R Hutson
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Drugs Aging 29:205-11. 2012..Donepezil is metabolized by the cytochrome P450 isozyme 3A4 (CYP3A4). Clarithromycin is a potent inhibitor of CYP3A4, and patients taking both of these drugs may be at increased risk of cardiac adverse events...
- Prediction of placental drug transfer using the human placental perfusion modelJanine R Hutson
Collaborative Program in Biomedical Toxicology, University of Toronto, Canada
J Popul Ther Clin Pharmacol 18:e533-43. 2011..After modelling the data, placental perfusion experiments can be used to predict placental drug transfer and can be useful for clinical assessment of the risks and benefits of drug therapy in pregnancy...
- False-positive meconium test results for fatty acid ethyl esters secondary to delayed sample collectionIrene Zelner
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:1497-506. 2012..This study investigated whether delayed sample collection can result in false-positive test results for FAEEs because of collection of samples potentially contaminated with postnatally produced stool...
- Toxico-surveillance of infant and toddler poisonings in the United StatesYaron Finkelstein
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Med Toxicol 8:263-6. 2012..These data could be used to target specific preventive interventions...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenetic determinants and considerations in chemotherapy selection and dosing in infantsJanine R Hutson
University of Toronto, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 8:709-22. 2012....
- Colchicine poisoning: the dark side of an ancient drugYaron Finkelstein
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 48:407-14. 2010..Although colchicine poisoning is sometimes intentional, unintentional toxicity is common and often associated with a poor outcome...
- Methadone: a review of drug-drug and pathophysiological interactionsBhushan M Kapur
Department of Clinical Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 48:171-95. 2011....
- Genetic polymorphisms in placental transporters: implications for fetal drug exposure to oral antidiabetic agentsErika K Pollex
Hospital for Sick Children, Motherisk Laboratory, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 7:325-39. 2011..Therefore, the extent of transfer and fetal exposure to oral antidiabetic drugs used in pregnancy may be altered by polymorphisms in genes encoding these transport proteins...
- An improved method for rapidly quantifying fatty acid ethyl esters in meconium suitable for prenatal alcohol screeningJanine R Hutson
Motherisk Laboratory, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Alcohol 45:193-9. 2011..This method provides an optimal approach to detecting and quantifying FAEE in meconium that could be used in a universal screening program for prenatal alcohol exposure...
- Folic acid transport to the human fetus is decreased in pregnancies with chronic alcohol exposureJanine R Hutson
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e38057. 2012..We aim to determine if folate transfer to the fetus is altered in human pregnancies with chronic alcohol consumption...