Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- The acute care nurse practitioner in Ontario: a workforce studyChristina Hurlock-Chorostecki
Parkwood Hospital of St Joseph s Health Care, London, Ontario, Canada
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 21:100-16. 2008..As well, understanding the need for regulatory and legislative changes to support the hospital-based Nurse Practitioner role will enable greater impact on health human resources and healthcare transformation...
- The primary healthcare nurse practitioner in Ontario: a workforce studyMary van Soeren
Canadian Health Care Innovations, Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 22:58-72. 2009..Yet, NPs perceive that legislation has lagged and inhibits their ability to meet patient and health systems needs...
- Hospital-based nurse practitioner roles and interprofessional practice: a scoping reviewChristina Hurlock-Chorostecki
Arthur Labatt School of Nursing, Western University, London, Ontario London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario
Nurs Health Sci 16:403-10. 2014..Research focused on role enactment is needed to understand the uniqueness of the hospital-based nurse practitioner role. ..
- Labour saver or building a cohesive interprofessional team? The role of the nurse practitioner within hospitalsChristina Hurlock-Chorostecki
Labatt Family School of Nursing, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
J Interprof Care 28:260-6. 2014..The findings were consistent with HB NPs enacting a role in building IP team cohesiveness rather than merely acting as a labour saver. This is the first study to align NP and team understanding of HB NP role value using an IP framework...
- The value of the hospital-based nurse practitioner role: development of a team perspective frameworkChristina Hurlock-Chorostecki
Arthur Labatt School of Nursing, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
J Interprof Care 27:501-8. 2013..The framework may be used by healthcare professionals, operational leaders, academia and HB NPs to enhance role respect and understanding...
- Knot-So-Fast: a learning plan to minimize patient restraint in critical careChristina Hurlock-Chorostecki
St Joseph s Hospital, London, Ontario
Dynamics 17:12-8. 2006..This article includes the educational content and methods used in our ICU to effect a change in restraint practice. Tools, such as a nursing survey and a decision wheel, developed to enhance learning are also included...