Affiliation: University of Alberta
- An outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 hemorrhagic colitis associated with unpasteurized gouda cheeseLance Honish
Capital Health Public Health Division, Edmonton, Alberta
Can J Public Health 96:182-4. 2005..A cluster of E. coli O157:H7 hemorrhagic colitis was identified in metro Edmonton, Alberta through notifiable disease surveillance in late 2002...
- Histoplasmosis cluster, golf course, CanadaHeather Anderson
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Emerg Infect Dis 12:163-5. 2006..Patients in western Canada with compatible symptoms should be tested for histoplasmosis, regardless of their travel or exposure history...
- Modifiable risk factors for invasive meningococcal disease during an Edmonton, Alberta outbreak, 1999-2002Lance Honish
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
Can J Public Health 99:46-51. 2008..Most cases were infected with Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C, and the highest age-specific incidence was observed in the 15-19 year age group...
- Clinical, microbiological, and epidemiological findings of an outbreak of Mycobacterium abscessus hand-and-foot diseaseMarlene T Dytoc
Division of Dermatology and Cutaneous Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2G3
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 53:39-45. 2005..This is the first documented M. abscessus outbreak associated with wading pool exposure...
- A multi-function public health surveillance system and the lessons learned in its development: the Alberta Real Time Syndromic Surveillance NetShihe Fan
Population and Public Health, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, AB
Can J Public Health 101:454-8. 2010..This improves upon traditional paper-based systems which are often fragmented, limited by incomplete data collection and inadequate analytical capacity, and incapable of providing timely information for public health action...