Brad G Hoffman
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Locus co-occupancy, nucleosome positioning, and H3K4me1 regulate the functionality of FOXA2-, HNF4A-, and PDX1-bound loci in islets and liverBrad G Hoffman
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1L3, Canada
Genome Res 20:1037-51. 2010..Finally, we apply these approaches to generate novel insights into how FOXA2, PDX1, and HNF4A cooperate to drive islet- and liver-specific gene expression...
- Probabilistic inference for nucleosome positioning with MNase-based or sonicated short-read dataXuekui Zhang
Statistics Department, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e32095. 2012....
- Expression of Groucho/TLE proteins during pancreas developmentBrad G Hoffman
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, BC Cancer Research Center, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L3, Canada
BMC Dev Biol 8:81. 2008..Moreover, little is known about the ability of Gro/TLE proteins to interact with transcription factors in the pancreas...
- A seriation approach for visualization-driven discovery of co-expression patterns in Serial Analysis of Gene Expression (SAGE) dataOlena Morozova
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e3205. 2008..Most analyses of SAGE data aimed at identifying co-expressed genes have been accomplished using various versions of clustering approaches that often result in a number of false positives...
- The transcription factor Myt3 acts as a pro-survival factor in β-cellsBryan R Tennant
Child and Family Research Institute, British Columbia Children s Hospital and Sunny Hill Health Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e51501. 2012..Here, we sought to determine the expression and regulation of Myt3 in islets and to determine its significance in regulating islet function and survival...
- Differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into endoderm without embryoid body formationPeter T W Kim
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e14146. 2010..1. This protocol using all-trans-retinoic acid, DBcAMP, in the absence of embryoid bodies, generated cells that have features of definitive endoderm that may serve as pancreatic endocrine precursors...
- Identification of transcripts with enriched expression in the developing and adult pancreasBrad G Hoffman
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, BC Cancer Research Center, West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1L3, Canada
Genome Biol 9:R99. 2008....
- Genome-wide identification of DNA-protein interactions using chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with flow cell sequencingBrad G Hoffman
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, BC Cancer Research Center, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Endocrinol 201:1-13. 2009..However, to date, this technology has been applied only to a small number of cell types, and even fewer tissues, suggesting a huge potential for novel discovery in this field...
- SAGE reveals expression of Wnt signalling pathway members during mouse prostate developmentTian Jiao Zhang
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L3
Gene Expr Patterns 6:310-24. 2006..These studies provide the first evidence that Wnt pathway members are expressed in the developing prostate. Functional analyses are now required to establish the biological significance of this observation...