Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids in preventing age-related macular degeneration: a systematic reviewWilliam G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Canada
Ophthalmology 113:1165-72; quiz 1172-3, 1178. 2006..What is the evidence for efficacy of dietary and/or supplemental omega-3 fatty acids in preventing age-related macular degeneration (AMD)?..
- Prostaglandin analogues for ophthalmic use: a cost-effectiveness analysisJean Lachaine
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:33-41. 2008..An important policy decision is whether to support continued open listing of these agents or to restrict them to limited use status...
- Generalized posterior keratoconus: clinical pathologic correlationsDevesh K Varma
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:480-2. 2008..The corneal thickness measured 0.320 mm paracentrally and 0.440 mm toward the periphery. The corneal specimen revealed absence of Bowman's layer and focal homogeneous oval stromal deposits that stained for amyloid...
- The efficacy and harm of prostaglandin analogues for IOP reduction in glaucoma patients compared to dorzolamide and brimonidine: a systematic reviewW G Hodge
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, The Ottawa Hospital General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Tower III, Ottawa Ontario, K1H 8L6, Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 92:7-12. 2008..To systematically review the literature on the efficacy and harm of prostaglandin analogues (PGAs) compared to brimonidine and dorzolamide in treating elevated intraocular pressure (IOP)...
- The consequences of waiting for cataract surgery: a systematic reviewWilliam Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 176:1285-90. 2007..We conducted a systematic review to understand the relation between wait time for cataract surgery and patient outcomes and the variables that modify this relation...
- Evidence for the effect of omega-3 fatty acids on progression of age-related macular degeneration: a systematic reviewWilliam G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, Ottawa Hospital Eye Institute, The University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Retina 27:216-21. 2007....
- Baseline IOP predicts selective laser trabeculoplasty success at 1 year post-treatment: results from a randomised clinical trialW G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Ottawa Eye Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6 Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 89:1157-60. 2005..This study's objective is to determine factors that predict successful SLT at 1 year post-treatment...
- The evidence for efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids in preventing or slowing the progression of retinitis pigmentosa: a systematic reviewWilliam G Hodge
Department of Opthalmology, Ottawa Hospital Eye Institute, University of Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 41:481-90. 2006....
- Iatrogenic risk factors for cytomegalovirus retinitisWilliam G Hodge
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Ophthalmol 40:701-10. 2005..To determine the iatrogenic risk factors for cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)...
- Quantifying axonal loss after optic neuritis with optical coherence tomographyFiona Costello
Division of Neurology, Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Ann Neurol 59:963-9. 2006..To determine to what degree changes in retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness after optic neuritis (ON) correlate with either visual recovery or impairment...
- Comparison of antibiotic-only and antibiotic-steroid combination treatment in corneal ulcer patients: double-blinded randomized clinical trialJason Blair
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 46:40-5. 2011..To determine the benefit of early addition of corticosteroids to antibiotics in the treatment of corneal ulcers...
- Laboratory-based risk factors for cytomegalovirus retinitisWilliam G Hodge
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 39:733-45. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the laboratory-based risk factors for CMV retinitis in patients with AIDS...
- Hypotony after intravenous cidofovir therapy for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitisLan Wang
University of Ottawa Eye Institute and Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 37:419-22. 2002
- Diode laser-induced uveitis and visual field defectAmber Sheikh
The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:321-3. 2007..As a result of the procedure, the patient developed uveitis and a visual field defect. It is recommended that patients who wish to undergo this procedure be informed of its potential side effects...
- Tranexamic acid in the treatment of pediatric traumatic hyphemaDavid A Albiani
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:428-31. 2008..This study was undertaken to determine whether a difference exists in treatment outcome between patients treated with tranexamic acid (TEA) plus topical steroids and those treated with topical steroids alone...
- Trabeculectomy and phacotrabeculectomy, with mitomycin-C, show similar two-year target IOP outcomesSanjay K Murthy
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man
Can J Ophthalmol 41:51-9. 2006..To determine the efficacy and safety of trabeculectomy with mitomycin-C (trabMMC) compared with that of single-site phacotrabeculectomy with mitomycin-C (phacotrabMMC) in glaucoma patients at increased risk for filtering surgery failure...
- Clinical risk factors for cytomegalovirus retinitis in patients with AIDSWilliam G Hodge
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Ophthalmology 111:1326-33. 2004..To determine the clinical risk factors for cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with AIDS...
- Perspectives on low vision service in Canada: a pilot studyDeborah Gold
Canadian National Institute for the Blind, Toronto, ON
Can J Ophthalmol 41:348-54. 2006..The pilot study was overseen by a number of collaborators whose names are listed at the end of this paper...
- Incidence of NAION with cataract extractionWilliam G Hodge
Ophthalmology 109:630; author reply 631. 2002