Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Prostaglandin analogues for ophthalmic use: a cost-effectiveness analysisJean Lachaine
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:33-41. 2008..An important policy decision is whether to support continued open listing of these agents or to restrict them to limited use status...
- Generalized posterior keratoconus: clinical pathologic correlationsDevesh K Varma
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:480-2. 2008..To our knowledge, this is the first histopathological report of generalized posterior keratoconus...
- Efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids in preventing age-related macular degeneration: a systematic reviewWilliam G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Canada
Ophthalmology 113:1165-72; quiz 1172-3, 1178. 2006..What is the evidence for efficacy of dietary and/or supplemental omega-3 fatty acids in preventing age-related macular degeneration (AMD)?..
- The efficacy and harm of prostaglandin analogues for IOP reduction in glaucoma patients compared to dorzolamide and brimonidine: a systematic reviewW G Hodge
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, The Ottawa Hospital General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Tower III, Ottawa Ontario, K1H 8L6, Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 92:7-12. 2008..To systematically review the literature on the efficacy and harm of prostaglandin analogues (PGAs) compared to brimonidine and dorzolamide in treating elevated intraocular pressure (IOP)...
- The consequences of waiting for cataract surgery: a systematic reviewWilliam Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 176:1285-90. 2007..We conducted a systematic review to understand the relation between wait time for cataract surgery and patient outcomes and the variables that modify this relation...
- Evidence for the effect of omega-3 fatty acids on progression of age-related macular degeneration: a systematic reviewWilliam G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, Ottawa Hospital Eye Institute, The University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Retina 27:216-21. 2007....
- Baseline IOP predicts selective laser trabeculoplasty success at 1 year post-treatment: results from a randomised clinical trialW G Hodge
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Ottawa Eye Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6 Canada
Br J Ophthalmol 89:1157-60. 2005..This study's objective is to determine factors that predict successful SLT at 1 year post-treatment...
- The evidence for efficacy of omega-3 fatty acids in preventing or slowing the progression of retinitis pigmentosa: a systematic reviewWilliam G Hodge
Department of Opthalmology, Ottawa Hospital Eye Institute, University of Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 41:481-90. 2006....
- Iatrogenic risk factors for cytomegalovirus retinitisWilliam G Hodge
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Ophthalmol 40:701-10. 2005..To determine the iatrogenic risk factors for cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)...
- Quantifying axonal loss after optic neuritis with optical coherence tomographyFiona Costello
Division of Neurology, Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Ann Neurol 59:963-9. 2006..To determine to what degree changes in retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness after optic neuritis (ON) correlate with either visual recovery or impairment...
- Comparison of antibiotic-only and antibiotic-steroid combination treatment in corneal ulcer patients: double-blinded randomized clinical trialJason Blair
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 46:40-5. 2011..To determine the benefit of early addition of corticosteroids to antibiotics in the treatment of corneal ulcers...
- Laboratory-based risk factors for cytomegalovirus retinitisWilliam G Hodge
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 39:733-45. 2004..These findings may be useful to clinicians and health policy experts in developing rational guidelines for screening, examination frequency and targeted prophylaxis for patients with AIDS...
- Hypotony after intravenous cidofovir therapy for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitisLan Wang
University of Ottawa Eye Institute and Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 37:419-22. 2002
- Diode laser-induced uveitis and visual field defectAmber Sheikh
The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:321-3. 2007..As a result of the procedure, the patient developed uveitis and a visual field defect. It is recommended that patients who wish to undergo this procedure be informed of its potential side effects...
- Tranexamic acid in the treatment of pediatric traumatic hyphemaDavid A Albiani
University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 43:428-31. 2008..This study was undertaken to determine whether a difference exists in treatment outcome between patients treated with tranexamic acid (TEA) plus topical steroids and those treated with topical steroids alone...
- Trabeculectomy and phacotrabeculectomy, with mitomycin-C, show similar two-year target IOP outcomesSanjay K Murthy
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man
Can J Ophthalmol 41:51-9. 2006....
- Clinical risk factors for cytomegalovirus retinitis in patients with AIDSWilliam G Hodge
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Ophthalmology 111:1326-33. 2004..These findings may be useful to clinicians and health policy experts in developing rational guidelines for screening, examination frequency, and targeted prophylaxis for CMV retinitis in patients with AIDS...
- Perspectives on low vision service in Canada: a pilot studyDeborah Gold
Canadian National Institute for the Blind, Toronto, ON
Can J Ophthalmol 41:348-54. 2006..The pilot study was overseen by a number of collaborators whose names are listed at the end of this paper...
- Incidence of NAION with cataract extractionWilliam G Hodge
Ophthalmology 109:630; author reply 631. 2002