Paul L Hewitt
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- The impact of perfectionistic self-presentation on the cognitive, affective, and physiological experience of a clinical interviewPaul L Hewitt
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Psychiatry 71:93-122. 2008..Perfectionistic self-presentation is discussed as an interpersonal style that can influence therapeutic alliance and treatment success...
- Self-oriented and socially prescribed perfectionism in the Eating Disorder Inventory Perfectionism subscaleSimon B Sherry
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
Int J Eat Disord 35:69-79. 2004..It is cautioned that EDI-SOP and EDI-SPP are a partial representation of an already published multidimensional model of trait perfectionism...
- Perfectionistic self-presentation in children and adolescents: development and validation of the Perfectionistic Self-Presentation Scale--Junior FormPaul L Hewitt
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, 2136 West Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Psychol Assess 23:125-42. 2011....
- Perfectionistic self-presentation, socially prescribed perfectionism, and suicide in youth: a test of the perfectionism social disconnection modelHeather M Roxborough
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Suicide Life Threat Behav 42:217-33. 2012..Theoretical and clinical implications of interpersonal components of perfectionism and social disconnection in suicide outcomes for youth are discussed...
- Perfectionism, ego defense styles, and depression: a comparison of self-reports versus informant ratingsGordon L Flett
Department of Psychology, York University, Toronto, Canada
J Pers 73:1355-96. 2005..The practical and theoretical implications of these findings are discussed...
- Where is multidimensional perfectionism in DSM-5? A question posed to the DSM-5 personality and personality disorders work groupLindsay E Ayearst
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto Scarborough, 1265 Military Trail, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Personal Disord 3:458-69. 2012....
- The interpersonal expression of perfection: perfectionistic self-presentation and psychological distressPaul L Hewitt
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Pers Soc Psychol 84:1303-25. 2003..It is argued that the need to promote one's perfection or the desire to conceal one's imperfection involves self-esteem regulation in the interpersonal context...
- Perfectionism and binge drinking in Canadian students making the transition to universityGordon L Flett
Department of Psychology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Health 57:249-53. 2008..In September 2005, the authors explored the relationship between perfectionism and binge drinking in a sample of first-year college students...
- Positive versus negative perfectionism in psychopathology: a comment on Slade and Owens's dual process modelGordon L Flett
Dept of Psychology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Behav Modif 30:472-95. 2006..Research findings that question the adaptiveness of positive forms of perfectionism are highlighted, and key issues for future research are identified...