Amy K Henderson
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Cortical kindling induces elevated levels of AMPA and GABA receptor subunit mRNA within the amygdala/piriform region and is associated with behavioral changes in the ratAmy K Henderson
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Epilepsy Behav 16:404-10. 2009..In summary, cortical kindling produces dynamic receptor subunit changes in regions in addition to the seizure focus...
- Persistent enhancement of functional MRI responsiveness to sensory stimulation following repeated seizuresJennifer Vuong
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Epilepsia 52:2285-92. 2011..Alterations in behavior could be due to somatosensory dysfunction. This study was designed to determine whether seizures can lead to changes in somatosensory representations and whether those changes are persistent...
- Larger cortical motor maps after seizuresAmy K Henderson
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr N W Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 34:615-21. 2011..In summary, several motor map areas become larger after seizures, which may contribute to the interictal motor disturbances that have been documented in patients with epilepsy...
- Functional brain mapping at 9.4T using a new MRI-compatible electrode chronically implanted in ratsJeff F Dunn
Experimental Imaging Centre, Department of Radiology, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Magn Reson Med 61:222-8. 2009..In addition, there were sites showing strong negative activation to stimulation both with direct stimulation and during a kindling-associated seizure...
- Motor maps, seizures, and behaviourG Campbell Teskey
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Exp Psychol 62:132-9. 2008..Our successes reversing seizure-induced map expansion by two different methods are also briefly reviewed. Lastly, unanswered questions for possible future experimentation are posed...