Cheryl A Hawkes
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Immunotherapy as treatment for Alzheimer's diseaseCheryl A Hawkes
Center for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Expert Rev Neurother 7:1535-48. 2007....
- Small molecule beta-amyloid inhibitors that stabilize protofibrillar structures in vitro improve cognition and pathology in a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseCheryl A Hawkes
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 31:203-13. 2010..These results suggest that Abeta aggregation can be targeted at multiple points along the kinetic pathway for the improvement of Alzheimer's disease-like pathology...
- Cyclohexanehexol inhibitors of Abeta aggregation prevent and reverse Alzheimer phenotype in a mouse modelJoAnne McLaurin
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, 6 Queen s Park Crescent West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3H2 Canada
Nat Med 12:801-8. 2006....
- Selective targeting of perivascular macrophages for clearance of beta-amyloid in cerebral amyloid angiopathyCheryl A Hawkes
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3H2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1261-6. 2009....
- In Vivo Uptake of β-Amyloid by Non-Plaque Associated MicrogliaCheryl A Hawkes
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, 6 Queen s Park Crescent West, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3H2, Canada
Curr Alzheimer Res 9:890-901. 2012..These results reveal a novel, beneficial role for non-plaque associated microglia in the regulation of cerebral Aβ levels in a mouse model of AD...
- Synthesis of scyllo-inositol derivatives and their effects on amyloid beta peptide aggregationYedi Sun
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 St George Street, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5S 3H6
Bioorg Med Chem 16:7177-84. 2008..The other derivatives showed some alterations in the morphology of the Abeta42 fibers produced. These findings indicate the importance of all of the hydroxyl groups of scyllo-inositol for complete inhibition of Abeta aggregation...
- Amyloid-β-dependent compromise of microvascular structure and function in a model of Alzheimer's diseaseAdrienne Dorr
Sunnybrook Research Institute, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Brain 135:3039-50. 2012....
- Expression microarray analysis implicates apoptosis and interferon-responsive mechanisms in susceptibility to experimental cerebral malariaFiona E Lovegrove
Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2C4
Am J Pathol 171:1894-903. 2007....