Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Telenursing and patients' recovery from bypass surgeryKathleen Hartford
Lawson Health Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 4G5, Canada
J Adv Nurs 50:459-68. 2005..The data reported here describe the postoperative recovery experiences of a small sample of patients (n = 10) and the intervention role of the specialist nurse delivering the intervention...
- Pretrial court diversion of people with mental illnessKathleen Hartford
Lawson Health Research Institute, Rm A220, 375 South Street, London, ON, N6A 4G5, Canada
J Behav Health Serv Res 34:198-205. 2007..In summary, research has not yet yielded generalizable knowledge about diversion and thus, it is suggested that evaluations should involve well-defined indicators, benchmarks, and outcomes...
- Identifying cumulative trauma disorders of the upper extremity in workers' compensation databasesDianne Zakaria
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontatio, Canada
Am J Ind Med 43:507-18. 2003..Impeding the use of workers' compensation databases for surveillance of cumulative trauma disorder of the upper extremity (CTDUE) is the lack of valid and reliable extraction strategies...
- Four decades of mental health policy in Ontario, CanadaKathleen Hartford
Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Adm Policy Ment Health 31:65-73. 2003
- Pre-arrest diversion of people with mental illness: Literature review and international surveyKathleen Hartford
Lawson Health Research Institute Room A220, 375 South Street London, ON N6A 4G5, Canada
Behav Sci Law 24:845-56. 2006..We suggest that indicators, benchmarks, and outcomes must be agreed upon if a comprehensive understanding of pre-arrest programs is to emerge...
- Randomized controlled trial of a telephone intervention by nurses to provide information and support to patients and their partners after elective coronary artery bypass graft surgery: effects of anxietyKathleen Hartford
Lawson Health Research Institute, 375 South Street, Room NRC218, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G5
Heart Lung 31:199-206. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of an information and support telephone intervention for reducing anxiety in patients who have undergone coronary artery bypass graft surgery and their partners...
- Design of an algorithm to identify persons with mental illness in a police administrative databaseKathleen Hartford
Scientist Epidemiologist, Lawson Health Research Institute, Associate Professor, Faculties of Health Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, 375 South Street, NRA220, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Law Psychiatry 28:1-11. 2005..It enables police to monitor the effectiveness of pre-arrest diversion programs and allows researchers to analyze questions of criminalization and mental illness...
- Sampling bias in an international internet survey of diversion programs in the criminal justice systemKathleen Hartford
Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G5
Eval Health Prof 30:35-46. 2007..Solutions are offered to the first three problems, and the authors note that sampling bias remains a crucial problem...
- Work-related cumulative trauma disorders of the upper extremity: navigating the epidemiologic literatureDianne Zakaria
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Ind Med 42:258-69. 2002..The primary purpose of this article is to summarize the literature regarding the rate of work-related CTDUE, while drawing attention to the various factors contributing to the wide range of reported findings...
- Mental health triage in the ER: a qualitative studyRon W Coristine
Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 13:303-9. 2007..A qualitative, process evaluation study was conducted to capture experiences and perceptions of the new triage and CW...
- Rates of claims for cumulative trauma disorder of the upper extremity in Ontario workers during 1997Dianne Zakaria
Continuing Care Reporting System, Canadian Institute for Health Information, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Chronic Dis Can 25:22-31. 2004..It allowed rigorous evaluation of the data and indicated that rates should be examined separately for men and women. Researchers should clearly define extraction strategies and examine the impact of misclassification...
- Process and outcome evaluation of an emergency department intervention for persons with mental health concerns using a population health approachEvelyn Vingilis
Department of Family Medicine, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 5C1
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:160-71. 2007..To evaluate an emergency department's use of a mental health triage and mental health crisis counsellor for persons presenting with mental health concerns...
- Integrating knowledge generation with knowledge diffusion and utilization: a case study analysis of the Consortium for Applied Research and Evaluation in Mental HealthEvelyn Vingilis
Population and Community Health Unit, Family Medicine, The University of Western Ontario, 100 Collip Circle, Suite 245, London, ON
Can J Public Health 94:468-71. 2003..This study describes the integration of KDU theory with practice via a case study analysis of the Consortium for Applied Research and Evaluation in Mental Health (CAREMH)...
- Interhospital transfer of critically ill patients: demographic and outcomes comparison with nontransferred intensive care unit patientsAndrea D Hill
Department of Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario, Canada
J Crit Care 22:290-5. 2007..We examined the association between access to intensive care services and mortality in a cohort of critically ill patients...