Lorraine A Hamiwka
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Discordance between skin biopsy and kidney biopsy in an X-linked carrier of Alport syndromeLorraine A Hamiwka
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1050-3. 2007..We therefore suggest that simultaneous kidney and skin biopsies may be more accurate in the assessment of potential female carriers of AS than either kidney biopsy or skin biopsy alone...
- Outcomes of kidney transplantation in children with nephronophthisis: an analysis of the North American Pediatric Renal Trials and Collaborative Studies (NAPRTCS) RegistryLorraine A Hamiwka
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, Southern Alberta Transplant Program, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Transplant 12:878-82. 2008..This review demonstrates that NPHP transplant recipients have excellent outcomes that are shown to be better compared with the general pediatric transplant population...
- Diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome in southern Alberta: A long-term single-centre experienceSilviu Grisaru
Division of Nephrology, Alberta Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Paediatr Child Health 16:337-40. 2011..Reports of long-term incidence trends of endemic diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome (D+HUS) are few and inconclusive...
- Accelerometry-based physical activity and exercise capacity in pediatric kidney transplant patientsCamillia G Clark
Department of Pediatrics and Alberta Children s Hospital Research Institute for Child and Maternal Health, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 27:659-65. 2012..Therefore, our objective was to complement a gold standard exercise capacity protocol with an objective measure to quantify PA intensity levels of PTx...
- Persistent post-transplant polyuria managed by bilateral native-kidney laparoscopic nephrectomyDragan Kravarusic
Paediatric Nephrology, Alberta Children's Hospital, 1820 Richmond Road SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2T 5C7, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 21:880-2. 2006..This new approach may allow preemptive transplantation and avoid the need for a transition period on dialysis in patients for whom pre-transplant nephrectomy is not absolutely indicated...
- Acute renal replacement therapy in children with diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: a single center 16 years of experienceSilviu Grisaru
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, 2888 Shaganappi Trail NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T3B 6A8
Int J Nephrol 2011:930539. 2011..9 (±23.5) × 10(3)/mm(3) and rare use of platelets infusions. Despite its methodological limitations, this paper adds to the limited body of evidence supporting the use of acute PD as the primary ARRT modality in children with D+HUS...
- Physical activity and health related quality of life in children following kidney transplantationLorraine A Hamiwka
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics and Institute of Child and Maternal Health, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta Canada
Pediatr Transplant 13:861-7. 2009..019), Sport (p = 0.003) and Conditioning (p = 0.001). These results suggest that PA may play a role in overall well-being and HRQOL in KTx...
- Seizures in children after kidney transplantation: has the risk changed and can we predict who is at greatest risk?Lorie D Hamiwka
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Pediatr Transplant 12:527-30. 2008....
- Incidence of Wegener's granulomatosis in childrenSilviu Grisaru
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:440-2. 2010..To determine the incidence and longitudinal trends of Wegener's granulomatosis (WG) in the pediatric population of Southern Alberta over the last 15 years...
- Prednisone withdrawal in pediatric kidney transplant recipients on tacrolimus-based immunosuppression: four-year dataLorraine A Hamiwka
University of Calgary, Alberta Children's Hospital, Division of Pediatric Nephrology/Southern Alberta Transplant Program, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Transplant 10:337-44. 2006..Four patients developed viral infections; all were successfully treated. The potential benefits of steroid withdrawal in pediatric renal transplantation are supported by our results...