Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Dystroglycan and protein O-mannosyltransferases 1 and 2 are required to maintain integrity of Drosophila larval musclesNicola Haines
Department of Biology, University of Toronto, Mississauga, ON, Canada L5L 1C6
Mol Biol Cell 18:4721-30. 2007..This study opens the possibility of using Drosophila to investigate muscular dystrophy...
- Functional roles for beta1,4-N-acetlygalactosaminyltransferase-A in Drosophila larval neurons and musclesNicola Haines
Department of Biology, University of Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6, Canada
Genetics 175:671-9. 2007..Altogether, these results suggest that beta4GalNAcTA has at least three distinct functional roles...
- Synaptic vesicle mobility and presynaptic F-actin are disrupted in a N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor allele of DrosophilaPaula Nunes
Department of Biology and Computer Science, University of Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 17:4709-19. 2006..Our data are consistent with a model in which actin filaments promote vesicle mobility and suggest that NSF participates in establishing or maintaining this population of actin...
- Functional analysis of Drosophila beta1,4-N-acetlygalactosaminyltransferasesNicola Haines
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Waksman Institute, and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway NJ 08854, USA
Glycobiology 15:335-46. 2005..Thus Drosophila homologs of the mammalian beta4GalT family are essential for neuromuscular physiology or development but are not otherwise required for viability, fertility, or external morphology...
- In vitro reconstitution of the modulation of Drosophila Notch-ligand binding by FringeAiguo Xu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 282:35153-62. 2007....
- Identification of a Drosophila gene encoding xylosylprotein beta4-galactosyltransferase that is essential for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and for morphogenesisYoko Nakamura
Department of Biochemistry II, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 0065, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:46280-8. 2002..Our results demonstrate that Drosophila beta4GalT7 has the in vitro and in vivo properties predicted for an ortholog of human beta4GalT7 and is essential for normal animal development through its role in proteoglycan biosynthesis...
- Glycosylation regulates Notch signallingNicola Haines
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4:786-97. 2003....
- Distinct contributions of beta 4GalNAcTA and beta 4GalNAcTB to Drosophila glycosphingolipid biosynthesisAnita Stolz
Zelluläre Chemie, Zentrum Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Glycoconj J 25:167-75. 2008....