Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Depolarization of light in turbid media: a scattering event resolved Monte Carlo studyXinxin Guo
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, 5 King s College Road, Toronto, ON M5S 3G8, Canada
Appl Opt 49:153-62. 2010....
- Polarized light propagation in multiply scattering media exhibiting both linear birefringence and optical activity: Monte Carlo model and experimental methodologyMichael F G Wood
Ontario Cancer Institute, Division of Biophysics and Bioimaging, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Biomed Opt 12:014029. 2007..Other scattering-independent polarization properties can be incorporated into the developed Jones N-matrix formalism, enabling quantification of the polarization effects via an accurate polarization-sensitive Monte Carlo model...
- Stokes polarimetry in multiply scattering chiral media: effects of experimental geometryXinxin Guo
Division of Biophysics and Bioimaging, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada
Appl Opt 46:4491-500. 2007..A rigorous methodology is presented for optimizing the experimental geometry in the polarimetric examinations of complex random systems...
- Angular measurements of light scattered by turbid chiral media using linear Stokes polarimeterXinxin Guo
Ontario Cancer Institute, Division of Biophysics and Bioimaging and University of Toronto, Department of Medical Biophysics, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Biomed Opt 11:041105. 2006..Comparison measurements with optically inactive glycerol suggest that the refractive index matching effect, and not the chiral nature of the solute, dominates the observed optical rotation engendered by glucose in highly turbid media...
- Wavelength-modulated differential photothermal radiometry: theory and experimental applications to glucose detection in waterAndreas Mandelis
Center for Advanced Diffusion Wave Technologies, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3G8
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 84:041917. 2011..The model has also been validated by experimental data of the glucose-water system obtained using WM-DPTR...
- Noninvasive glucose detection in human skin using wavelength modulated differential laser photothermal radiometryXinxin Guo
Center for Advanced Diffusion Wave Technologies CADIFT, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, ON M5S 3G8, Canada
Biomed Opt Express 3:3012-21. 2012..The measurement results demonstrated the feasibility of the development of WM-DPTR into a clinically viable noninvasive glucose biosensor...