David M Gregory
Affiliation: University of Lethbridge
- Patient safety: where is nursing education?David M Gregory
plied Science and Technology SIAST, School of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada T1K 3M4
J Nurs Educ 46:79-82. 2007..Under the rubric of patient safety, the authors also encourage educators to address discontinuities between the educational and practice sectors...
- Recognizing and avoiding intercultural miscommunication in distance education a study of the experiences of Canadian faculty and aboriginal nursing studentsCynthia K Russell
College of Nursing, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Prof Nurs 23:351-61. 2007..Lastly, strategies for preventing intercultural miscommunication in online courses are described...
- The Swampy Cree Tribal Council and Aboriginal governance: a case study of nursing education in Northern ManitobaDavid Gregory
School of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 40:132-49. 2008..Contemporary implications of full partnership between universities and Aboriginal organizations are discussed...
- What clinical learning contracts reveal about nursing education and patient safetyDavid Gregory
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Alberta
Can Nurse 105:20-5. 2009..International students and male students were responsible for a higher number of events than their numbers in the sample would lead one to expect. The findings support further study related to patient safety and nursing education...
- Prediction of breast self-examination in a sample of Iranian women: an application of the Health Belief ModelSedigheh Sadat Tavafian
Department of Public Health, School of Health, Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences, Bandar Abbas, Iran
BMC Womens Health 9:37. 2009..This study examined constructs arising from the Health Belief Model as predictors of breast self examination behavior in a sample of women living in Bandar Abbas, Iran...
- Pedagogy as influencing nursing students' essentialized understanding of cultureDavid Gregory
University of Lethbridge, Canada
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 7:Article30. 2010..The unintended negative consequences of essentialist notions of culture were revealed in the nursing students' narratives. Pedagogy is implicated in nursing students' essentialized understanding of culture...
- Aboriginal nursing education in Canada: an updateDavid Gregory
School of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Alberta
Can Nurse 104:24-8. 2008..In 2007, the association prepared an update on the current status. In this article, the authors review the progress made during the intervening five years in the recruitment, retention and education of aboriginal nursing students...
- Reaping what we sow: nursing education and leadership in Canada and the United StatesDavid M Gregory
Faculty of Nursing, University of Manitoba
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 16:38-41. 2003