K J Goodman
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Barriers and incentives to orphan care in a time of AIDS and economic crisis: a cross-sectional survey of caregivers in rural ZimbabweBrian H Howard
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Houston, USA
BMC Public Health 6:27. 2006....
- Dynamics of Helicobacter pylori infection in a US-Mexico cohort during the first two years of lifeKaren J Goodman
University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Epidemiol 34:1348-55. 2005..This paper describes patterns of acquisition and elimination of H. pylori infection in 468 children from birth to 24 months...
- Helicobacter pylori infection in Canadian and related Arctic Aboriginal populationsK J Goodman
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 22:289-95. 2008..Additional community-based research is needed to develop public health policies for reducing H pylori-associated health risks in such communities...
- Transmission of Helicobacter pylori among siblingsK J Goodman
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston 77225, USA
Lancet 355:358-62. 2000..We studied the effect of family composition on H. pylori prevalence among rural Colombian children aged 2-9 years...
- The role of epidemiology in understanding the health effects of Helicobacter pyloriK J Goodman
School of Public Health, University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center, 77225, USA
Epidemiology 12:266-71. 2001..Many intriguing areas of H. pylori research require the skills of epidemiologists. The discovery of an infectious etiology of common chronic diseases presents a promising opportunity for improving public health...
- Effect of meal size and test duration on gastric emptying and gastric myoelectrical activity as determined with simultaneous [13C]octanoate breath test and electrogastrography in normal subjects using a muffin mealS Gonlachanvit
Temple University School of Medicine; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dig Dis Sci 46:2643-50. 2001..Longer T(1/2) values were obtained with shorter breath sampling durations. The postprandial to fasting power ratio for the 350-kcal meal was greater than that for the 250-kcal meal...
- Meta-analysis: Helicobacter pylori eradication treatment efficacy in childrenR Khurana
Community Oriented Primary Care, Parkland Health and Hospital Systems, Dallas, TX 75224, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:523-36. 2007..Several meta-analyses assessing the efficacy of anti-Helicobacter pylori treatment in adults have been published but a comparable meta-analysis in children is lacking...