Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Electrophysiological effects of the co-administration of escitalopram and bupropion on rat serotonin and norepinephrine neuronsR Ghanbari
University of Ottawa, Institute of Mental Health Research, Ottawa Ontario, Canada
J Psychopharmacol 24:39-50. 2010..These results provide support for contributions from 5-HT and NE mechanisms for enhanced effectiveness of combination of SSRI and bupropion treatment...
- Electrophysiological characterization of the effects of asenapine at 5-HT(1A), 5-HT(2A), alpha(2)-adrenergic and D(2) receptors in the rat brainRamez Ghanbari
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1Z7K4, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 19:177-87. 2009..These results confirm that asenapine displays potent antagonistic activity at 5-HT(2A), D(2), alpha(2)-adrenergic receptors and provide evidence to support its 5-HT(1A) partial agonistic activity...
- Sustained administration of trazodone enhances serotonergic neurotransmission: in vivo electrophysiological study in the rat brainRamez Ghanbari
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 335:197-206. 2010..The enhanced 5-HT neurotransmission by trazodone is caused in part by reuptake blockade and activation of postsynaptic 5-HT(1A) receptors, which may account for its effectiveness in major depression...
- Enhancement of serotonergic and noradrenergic neurotransmission in the rat hippocampus by sustained administration of bupropionRamez Ghanbari
Institute of Mental Health Research, University of Ottawa, Room 6411, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, K1Z7K4 ON, Canada
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 217:61-73. 2011..Previous studies reported that bupropion, an effective antidepressant, exerts modulatory actions on serotonin (5-HT) and norepinephrine (NE) neurons...
- Electrophysiological impact of trazodone on the dopamine and norepinephrine systems in the rat brainRamez Ghanbari
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 22:518-26. 2012..The enhancement in α₂-adrenergic transmission by trazodone, and its 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2C) receptor antagonism may contribute to its therapeutic action in major depression...
- Sustained administration of bupropion alters the neuronal activity of serotonin, norepinephrine but not dopamine neurons in the rat brainMostafa El Mansari
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Room 7407, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Z 7K4
Neuropharmacology 55:1191-8. 2008....
- Relevance of norepinephrine-dopamine interactions in the treatment of major depressive disorderMostafa El Mansari
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Ontario, Canada
CNS Neurosci Ther 16:e1-17. 2010..The elucidation of such relationships can help design new treatment strategies for MDD, especially treatment-resistant depression...