Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Factors influencing attitudes towards seeking professional help among East and Southeast Asian immigrant and refugee womenKenneth Fung
Department of Psychiatry, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, Ontario, Canada
Int J Soc Psychiatry 53:216-31. 2007..This article examines the relationship of causal beliefs, perceived service accessibility and attitudes towards seeking mental health care...
- An integrative approach to cultural competence in the psychiatric curriculumKenneth Fung
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 32:272-82. 2008....
- Postpartum depression among immigrant womenKenneth Fung
Culture, Community, and Health Studies, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:342-8. 2010..Although there has been an increase in research on postpartum depression (PPD), an inadequate focus has been placed on immigrant women. This is a significant limitation given the rapidly changing demographics in North America...
- Traditional postpartum practices and rituals: a qualitative systematic reviewCindy Lee Dennis
University of Toronto, Faculty of Nursing, 115 College Street, Toronto, ON, M5T 1P8, Canada
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 3:487-502. 2007..The understanding of traditional postpartum practices can inform the provision of culturally competent perinatal services...
- Traditional postpartum practices and rituals: clinical implicationsSophie Grigoriadis
Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 54:834-40. 2009..Our systematic review examines the research literature investigating the effects of postpartum rituals on postpartum depression (PPD) to determine if the rituals protect against PPD...
- Organizational cultural competence consultation to a mental health institutionKenneth Fung
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Transcult Psychiatry 49:165-84. 2012..This framework, consisting of eight domains, can be used for organizational assessment and cultural competence planning, ultimately aiming at enhancing mental health care service to the diverse patients, families, and communities...