R D Freeman
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Tic disorders and ADHD: answers from a world-wide clinical dataset on Tourette syndromeRoger D Freeman
Neuropsychiatry Clinic, BC Children s Hospital, Box 141, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3V4, Canada
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:15-23. 2007..Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurodevelopmental disorder with frequent comorbidity with Attention- deficit-Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The impact of this association is still a matter of debate...
- Sleep hygiene and melatonin treatment for children and adolescents with ADHD and initial insomniaMargaret D Weiss
Division of Child Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:512-9. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of sleep hygiene and melatonin treatment for initial insomnia in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of controlled release melatonin treatment of delayed sleep phase syndrome and impaired sleep maintenance in children with neurodevelopmental disabilitiesMichael B Wasdell
Melatonin Research Group, Department of Psychiatry, BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
J Pineal Res 44:57-64. 2008..Children with neurodevelopmental disabilities, who had treatment resistant chronic delayed sleep phase syndrome and impaired sleep maintenance, showed improvement in melatonin therapy...
- Stereotypic movement disorder: easily missedRoger D Freeman
Department of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 52:733-8. 2010..To expand the understanding of stereotypic movement disorder (SMD) and its differentiation from tics and autistic stereotypies...
- An international perspective on Tourette syndrome: selected findings from 3,500 individuals in 22 countriesR D Freeman
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 42:436-47. 2000..The established database can be used as the entry point for further research when large samples are studied and generalizability of results is important...
- Coprophenomena in Tourette syndromeRoger D Freeman
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:218-27. 2009..Because the course and actual impact of coprophenomena are variable, additional prospective research is needed to provide better counseling and prognostic information...
- Clinical trials of controlled-release melatonin in children with sleep-wake cycle disordersJ E Jan
Visually Impaired Program, BC s Children s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
J Pineal Res 29:34-9. 2000..7 mg (2-12 mg). The studies showed that the FR melatonin was most effective when there was only delayed sleep onset, but CR formulations were more useful for sleep maintenance. Children appeared to require higher doses than adults...
- Tourette Syndrome and learning disabilitiesLarry Burd
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA
BMC Pediatr 5:34. 2005..Learning disabilities are frequently comorbid with TS. Using the largest sample of TS patients ever reported, we sought to identify differences between subjects with TS only and subjects with TS and a comorbid learning disability...
- Melatonin therapy for circadian rhythm sleep disorders in children with multiple disabilities: what have we learned in the last decade?James E Jan
BC s Children s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 46:776-82. 2004
- Developmental psychopathology of children and adolescents with Tourette syndrome--impact of ADHDVeit Roessner
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Von Siebold Str 5, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:24-35. 2007..ADHD is highly comorbid with TS and usually impairs psychosocial functioning more than the tics. Its impact on further comorbidity during development is important for clinical practice and still a matter of debate...
- Long-term effectiveness outcome of melatonin therapy in children with treatment-resistant circadian rhythm sleep disordersRoxanne Carr
Melatonin Research Group, Department of Psychiatry, BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Pineal Res 43:351-9. 2007..Hypnotics for children with CRSD should be considered a second line of treatment for those who fail to respond to sleep hygiene and/or melatonin...
- Evidence supporting the use of melatonin in short gestation infantsJames E Jan
Melatonin Research Group, Department of Psychiatry, BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada, and Child Health, Chelsea and Westminster Campus, Imperial College, London, UK
J Pineal Res 42:22-7. 2007..We believe that this treatment might result in a wide range of health benefits, improved quality of life and reduced healthcare costs...
- Diagnostic criteria for Tourette's disorderRoger D Freeman
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:209-10. 2005
- Re: Mann--melatonin for ulcerative colitis?James E Jan
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1446. 2003