Genomes and Genes
Valerie C Fleisch
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Investigating regeneration and functional integration of CNS neurons: lessons from zebrafish genetics and other fish speciesValerie C Fleisch
Centre for Prions and Protein Folding Disease, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:364-80. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Zebrafish Models of Neurological Diseases...
- Evaluating the mutagenic activity of targeted endonucleases containing a Sharkey FokI cleavage domain variant in zebrafishLaura M Pillay
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Zebrafish 10:353-64. 2013..Notably, Sharkey ZFNs and TALENs do not generate increased toxicity-related defects or mortality. Our results present Sharkey ZFNs as an effective alternative to conventional ZFNs, but advise against the use of Sharkey TALENs...
- Targeted mutation of the gene encoding prion protein in zebrafish reveals a conserved role in neuron excitabilityValerie C Fleisch
Centre for Prions and Protein Folding Diseases, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Neurobiol Dis 55:11-25. 2013....
- A complex regulatory network of transcription factors critical for ocular development and diseaseMoulinath Acharya
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2H7
Hum Mol Genet 20:1610-24. 2011..We have therefore identified a functional link between three transcription factors, modulated by PAWR, which we propose underlies the similar ocular phenotypes and glaucoma pathology caused by mutations of these genes...
- Mutation of the bone morphogenetic protein GDF3 causes ocular and skeletal anomaliesMing Ye
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 19:287-98. 2010..By demonstrating the pleiotropic effects of GDF3 mutation, these results extend the contribution of perturbed BMP signaling to human disease and potentially implicate multi-allelic inheritance of BMP variants in developmental disorders...
- Parallel visual cycles in the zebrafish retinaValerie C Fleisch
Centre for Prions, Protein Folding Disease, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Prog Retin Eye Res 29:476-86. 2010..This review summarizes the efforts made in zebrafish to gain a better understanding of the role of these two visual cycles for rod and cone photoreceptor chromophore recycling...