Peter J Ferguson
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- A flavonoid fraction from cranberry extract inhibits proliferation of human tumor cell linesPeter J Ferguson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Nutr 134:1529-35. 2004..05) and induce cells to undergo apoptosis (P < 0.05) in a dose-dependent manner. Fr6 is potentially a source of a novel anticancer agent...
- In vivo inhibition of growth of human tumor lines by flavonoid fractions from cranberry extractPeter J Ferguson
London Regional Cancer Program, Health Sciences Centre, 790 Commissioners Road East, London, Ontario, Canada
Nutr Cancer 56:86-94. 2006..05) and also induce cell death within 24 to 48 h of exposure (P < 0.05). These results indicate the presence of a potential anticancer constituent in the flavonoid-containing fractions from cranberry extracts...
- Enhancement of cytotoxicity of natural product drugs against multidrug resistant variant cell lines of human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and breast carcinoma by tesmilifenePeter J Ferguson
Lawson Health Research Institute, London Health Sciences Centre, 790 Commissioners Road, London, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Lett 274:279-89. 2009..The results suggest that tesmilifene might be effective in the treatment of tumors that are resistant to natural product drugs. The mechanism of enhancement appears to be related to expression of an ABC pump-dependent, MDR phenotype...
- Tangeretin and nobiletin induce G1 cell cycle arrest but not apoptosis in human breast and colon cancer cellsKaren L Morley
Cancer Research Laboratory Program, London Regional Cancer Program, Lawson Health Research Institute, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ont, Canada
Cancer Lett 251:168-78. 2007..Inhibition of proliferation of human cancers without inducing cell death may be advantageous in treating tumors as it would restrict proliferation in a manner less likely to induce cytotoxicity and death in normal, non-tumor tissues...
- ODN 491, a novel antisense oligodeoxynucleotide that targets thymidylate synthase, exerts cell-specific effects in human tumor cell linesTracey L H Jason
London Regional Cancer Program, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
DNA Cell Biol 27:229-40. 2008..Recognition of tumor cell-specific and mRNA region-specific variability in response to AS TS ODNs will be important in designing AS TS ODNs for potential clinical use...
- A "combination oligonucleotide" antisense strategy to downregulate thymidylate synthase and decrease tumor cell growth and drug resistanceRandal W Berg
Cancer Research Laboratories, London Regional Cancer Centre, 790 Commissioners Road, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4L6
Cancer Gene Ther 10:278-86. 2003..The results are evidence that the novel use of multiple antisense ODNs that target different regions of the same mRNA represents a general strategy to improve antisense effectiveness...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase mediates immune-independent human tumor cell resistance to olaparib, gamma radiation, and cisplatinSaman Maleki Vareki
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
Oncotarget 5:2778-91. 2014..IDO is a potentially valuable therapeutic target in cancer treatment, independent of immune function and in combination with other therapies. ..