Roland F Dyck
Affiliation: University of Saskatchewan
- Prevalence, risk factors and co-morbidities of diabetes among adults in rural Saskatchewan: the influence of farm residence and agriculture-related exposuresRoland Dyck
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W0, Canada
BMC Public Health 13:7. 2013....
- Prevalence, determinants and co-morbidities of chronic kidney disease among First Nations adults with diabetes: results from the CIRCLE studyRoland F Dyck
Department of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 0W8, Canada
BMC Nephrol 13:57. 2012....
- Methods of competing risks analysis of end-stage renal disease and mortality among people with diabetesHyun J Lim
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan 107 Wiggins Road Saskatoon, SK S7N 5E5, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:97. 2010....
- Differences in glycemic control and survival predict higher ESRD rates in diabetic First Nations adultsRoland F Dyck
Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Clin Invest Med 33:E390-7. 2010..We sought to better understand this disparity by comparing demographic, laboratory and survival features of diabetic FN and other Saskatchewan residents (OSK) by renal function stage...
- Measuring quality of diabetes care by linking health care system administrative databases with laboratory dataHelena Klomp
Department of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, S7N 0W8, Canada
BMC Res Notes 3:233. 2010..We aimed to produce measures of quality of diabetes care in Saskatchewan and to identify sub-groups at particular risk of developing complications...
- Epidemiology of diabetes mellitus among First Nations and non-First Nations adultsRoland Dyck
Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
CMAJ 182:249-56. 2010..To increase our understanding of this evolving epidemic, we compared the epidemiology of diabetes between First Nations and non-First Nations adults in Saskatchewan from 1980 to 2005...
- An association of maternal age and birth weight with end-stage renal disease in Saskatchewan. Sub-analysis of registered Indians and those with diabetesRoland Dyck
Department of Medicine and Community Health, University of Saskatchewan, and Population Health Branch, Saskatchewan, Canada
Am J Nephrol 23:395-402. 2003..To determine links between birth related factors and end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Increased frequency of HLA A2/DR4 and A2/DR8 haplotypes in young saskatchewan aboriginal people with diabetic end-stage renal diseaseRoland Dyck
Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Am J Nephrol 23:178-85. 2003..To determine the association of HLA with diabetic end-stage renal disease (DESRD) in Saskatchewan aboriginal people...
- A comparison of rates, risk factors, and outcomes of gestational diabetes between aboriginal and non-aboriginal women in the Saskatoon health districtRoland Dyck
Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Diabetes Care 25:487-93. 2002..To determine possible differences in gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) between aboriginal and non-aboriginal people in the Saskatoon Health District...
- The relationship between diabetes and tuberculosis in Saskatchewan: comparison of registered Indians and other Saskatchewan peopleRoland F Dyck
Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
Can J Public Health 98:55-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine if a relationship exists between diabetes and TB in Saskatchewan and to establish whether there is a difference in the degree of any association between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people...
- Activity and barriers in girls (8-16 yr) based on grade and maturity statusLauren B Sherar
College of Kinesiology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:87-95. 2009..Minimal research has examined whether the decline in physical activity (PA) among adolescent girls is associated with chronological age (CA) or biological age (BA)...
- The inter- and intragenerational impact of gestational diabetes on the epidemic of type 2 diabetesNathaniel D Osgood
Department of Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Am J Public Health 101:173-9. 2011..We investigated the contribution of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) to the historic epidemic of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) in Saskatchewan...