Nancy L Dudek
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Quality evaluation reports: Can a faculty development program make a difference?Nancy L Dudek
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, The Rehabilitation Centre, 505 Smyth Road, Room 1105D, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M2, Canada
Med Teach 34:e725-31. 2012..The quality of medical student and resident clinical evaluation reports submitted by rotation supervisors is a concern. The effectiveness of faculty development (FD) interventions in changing report quality is uncertain...
- Bilateral anterior superior iliac spine pressure ulcers: a case reportNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 83:1459-61. 2002..Although prone positioning can improve pulmonary gas exchange, it exposes the patient to unique complications. When it is required, specific care should be directed to the unusual weight-bearing surfaces to avoid pressure ulcers...
- Ambulation monitoring of transtibial amputation subjects with patient activity monitor versus pedometerNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The Rehabilitation Centre, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
J Rehabil Res Dev 45:577-85. 2008..The DW may be preferred for its more accurate distance measurements. Neither device is ideal for monitoring in-home ambulation...
- Assessing the quality of supervisors' completed clinical evaluation reportsNancy L Dudek
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 42:816-22. 2008....
- Failure to fail: the perspectives of clinical supervisorsNancy L Dudek
505 Smyth Road, Room 1105D, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8M2
Acad Med 80:S84-7. 2005..This study explored the factors identified by supervisors that affect their willingness to report poor clinical performance when completing In-Training Evaluation Reports (ITERs)...
- Dermatologic conditions associated with use of a lower-extremity prosthesisNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:659-63. 2005..To document the frequency of skin problems among lower-limb prosthesis users and to assess for factors associated with skin problems among patients using a prosthesis...
- Quality in-training evaluation reports--does feedback drive faculty performance?Nancy L Dudek
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med 88:1129-34. 2013..To reach more faculty, the authors developed an "at-home" FD program offering participants various types of feedback on their ITER quality based on the workshop content. Program impact is evaluated here...
- The Ottawa Surgical Competency Operating Room Evaluation (O-SCORE): a tool to assess surgical competenceWade T Gofton
Department of Surgery, University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med 87:1401-7. 2012..In this study, the authors evaluated a tool they designed to assess a trainee's competence to perform an entire surgical procedure independently, regardless of procedure type or postgraduate year (PGY)...
- Skin problems in an amputee clinicNancy L Dudek
Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 85:424-9. 2006..To document the type and frequency of individual residual limb skin problems among patients using a lower extremity prosthesis, including the suggested etiology and management of each type of skin problem...
- In-training evaluations: developing an automated screening tool to measure report qualityRamprasad Bismil
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 48:724-32. 2014..The CCERR is a resource-intensive instrument, which may limit its use. The purpose of this study was to create a screening measure (Proxy-CCERR) that can predict the CCERR outcome in a less resource-intensive manner...