G K Dresser
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- New trends in hypertension management: of salt, going solo and single pill combosGeorge K Dresser
Robarts Clinical Trials, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Cardiol 25:342-9. 2010..To critically examine the scientific basis of emerging concepts in the monitoring and treatment of hypertension...
- The effects of fruit juices on drug disposition: a new model for drug interactionsG K Dresser
Department of Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, and University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Clin Invest 33:10-6. 2003..These findings with grapefruit and other fruit juices continue to enhance our understanding of the complex nature of food-drug interactions, and their possible influence on the clinical effects of medications...
- Grapefruit-felodipine interaction: effect of unprocessed fruit and probable active ingredientsD G Bailey
Department of Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 68:468-77. 2000..To determine whether unprocessed grapefruit can cause a drug interaction, whether the active ingredients are naturally occurring, and whether specific furanocoumarins or flavonoids are involved...
- In vitro and in vivo assessment of renal drug transporters in the disposition of mesna and dimesnaM J Cutler
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Pharmacol 52:530-42. 2012..Loss of renal transporter function due to genetic variability or drug-drug interactions may decrease the efficacy of chemoprotectants, increasing the risk of ifosfamide- and cisplatin-induced toxicities...
- Induction of intestinal P-glycoprotein by St John's wort reduces the oral bioavailability of talinololU I Schwarz
Medical Faculty, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:669-78. 2007..Interestingly, the magnitude of induction appeared to be affected by MDR1 genotype...
- Naringin is a major and selective clinical inhibitor of organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1A2 (OATP1A2) in grapefruit juiceD G Bailey
Lawson Health Research Institute, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:495-502. 2007..Inherent OATP1A2 activity may be influenced by genetic factors. This appears to be the first report of a single dietary constituent clinically modulating drug transport...
- Identification of functionally variant MDR1 alleles among European Americans and African AmericansR B Kim
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 70:189-99. 2001..Thus allelic variation in MDR1 is more common than previously recognized and involves multiple SNPs whose allelic frequencies vary between populations, and some of these SNPs are associated with altered P-glycoprotein function...
- Red wine-cisapride interaction: comparison with grapefruit juiceE M Offman
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology and Toxicology, London Health Sciences Centre and The University of Western Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 70:17-23. 2001..However, even this amount of red wine may cause a marked interaction similar to that for grapefruit juice in individuals with a preexisting high intestinal CYP3A4 content...
- Intestinal drug transporter expression and the impact of grapefruit juice in humansH Glaeser
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:362-70. 2007..Although short-term grapefruit juice ingestion was associated with reduced fexofenadine availability, OATP1A2 or MDR1 expression was unaffected...
- Bioavailability of omega-3 essential fatty acids from perilla seed oilE M Kurowska
KGK Synergize, Inc, One London Place, 255 Queens Avenue, Suite 1030, London, Ont, Canada N6A 5R8
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 68:207-12. 2003..However, significantly greater increases in plasma ALA levels from baseline to 24h were observed after ingestion of Entrox vs. non-coated product, suggesting a possible benefit of Entrox with long-term treatment...