Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Immunogenicity of 2 doses of HPV vaccine in younger adolescents vs 3 doses in young women: a randomized clinical trialSimon R M Dobson
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
JAMA 309:1793-802. 2013..Global use of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines to prevent cervical cancer is impeded by cost. A 2-dose schedule for girls may be possible...
- An adolescent with both Wegener's Granulomatosis and chronic blastomycosisReem Abdwani
Division of Child Health, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Muscat, Oman
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 6:13. 2008....
- Paediatric Investigators Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) study of aseptic meningitisBonita E Lee
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 6:68. 2006..The seasonality, clinical and radiographic features and outcome of aseptic meningitis have been described for regional outbreaks but data from a wider geographic area is necessary to delineate the epidemiology of this condition...
- Empyema associated with community-acquired pneumonia: a Pediatric Investigator's Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) studyJoanne M Langley
Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 8:129. 2008..We reviewed the epidemiology and clinical management of empyema at 8 pediatric hospitals in a period before the widespread implementation of universal infant heptavalent pneumococcal vaccine programs in Canada...
- Age of recipient and number of doses differentially impact human B and T cell immune memory responses to HPV vaccinationKinga K Smolen
Experimental Medicine Program, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Vaccine 30:3572-9. 2012..Our data indicate that rational design of vaccines has to be tailored according to the desired induction of B and/or T cell memory...
- A population-based evaluation of a publicly funded, school-based HPV vaccine program in British Columbia, Canada: parental factors associated with HPV vaccine receiptGina Ogilvie
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS Med 7:e1000270. 2010..We report on the level of uptake of the first dose of the HPV vaccine, and determine parental factors associated with receipt of the HPV vaccine, in a publicly funded school-based HPV vaccine program in British Columbia, Canada...
- Evaluation of adjuvanted pandemic H1N1(2009) influenza vaccine after one and two doses in young childrenDavid W Scheifele
Vaccine Evaluation Center, BC Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:402-7. 2011..When Canada chose an adjuvanted influenza A H1N1(2009) vaccine for pandemic control, dosing requirements and safety in children were unknown. This study compared responses after 1 and 2 doses in young children...
- Hepatitis C infection among pregnant women in British Columbia: reported prevalence and critical appraisal of current prenatal screening methodsAudrey Blasig
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 102:98-102. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine the overall prevalence rate, age and geographic distribution of reported HCV infection among pregnant women in BC, and compare results to a previously conducted anonymous seroprevalence survey...
- Prevalence of human papillomavirus 16 and 18 neutralizing antibodies in prenatal women in British ColumbiaMel Krajden
BC Centre for Disease Control, 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R4, Canada
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1840-3. 2009..HPV 16 and 18 NAbs were detected in 183/1,020 (17.9%) and 97/1,020 (9.5%), respectively, and 39 (3.8%) had NAbs to both types. Titers were similar across age strata...
- The prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus and glucose abnormalities in pregnant women with hepatitis C virus infection in British ColumbiaMichelle C Buresi
Division of Gastroenterology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:935-41. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the prevalence of GDM and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) of pregnancy between women infected with HCV and the general population of British Columbia screened for GDM...