Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Competency assessment of microbiology medical laboratory technologists in ontario, CanadaMarc Desjardins
Division of Microbiology, Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Services, Ottawa, Canada Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Canada University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 52:2940-5. 2014....
- Suboptimal clinical response to ciprofloxacin in patients with enteric fever due to Salmonella spp. with reduced fluoroquinolone susceptibility: a case seriesRobert Slinger
Division of Infectious Disease, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, 401 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 4:36. 2004..Delayed treatment response to fluoroquinolones has been noted, especially in cases of enteric fever due to such strains. We reviewed the ciprofloxacin susceptibility and clinical outcome of our recent enteric fever cases...
- Prevalence and mechanisms of erythromycin resistance in group A and group B Streptococcus: implications for reporting susceptibility resultsM Desjardins
Division of Microbiology, Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 42:5620-3. 2004..Testing by the double-disk diffusion method would be an approach that could be used to address this issue, especially for GAS...
- Evaluation of the IDI-MRSA assay for detection of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus from nasal and rectal specimens pooled in a selective brothM Desjardins
Division of Microbiology, The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 44:1219-23. 2006..However, because of the burden associated with implementation of infection control precautions, cultures remain essential in confirming positive IDI-MRSA results...
- Recurrent Listeria monocytogenes infection: relapse or reinfection with a unique strain confirmed by molecular subtypingB D Sauders
New York State Department of Health, Wadsworth Center, Albany, NY, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:257-9. 2001..This case report illustrates the potential use of molecular subtyping to further understand the pathogenesis and epidemiology of listeriosis and the potential for relapse of Listeria infections in humans...
- A systems biology analysis of the Drosophila phagosomeL M Stuart
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 445:95-101. 2007....