Robert M Dent
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Changes in body weight and psychotropic drugs: a systematic synthesis of the literatureRobert Dent
Weight Management Clinic, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e36889. 2012..While there are studies and reviews comparing weight gain for psychotropics within some classes, clinicians frequently use drugs from different classes to treat psychiatric disorders...
- Gene expression profiling in whole blood identifies distinct biological pathways associated with obesitySujoy Ghosh
Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, Durham, USA
BMC Med Genomics 3:56. 2010..Obesity is reaching epidemic proportions and represents a significant risk factor for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer...
- The INSIG2 rs7566605 genetic variant does not play a major role in obesity in a sample of 24,722 individuals from four cohortsJan Bressler
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Med Genet 10:56. 2009..The combined study sample is comprised of 24,722 white, African-American, and Mexican-American participants...
- Development and evaluation of patient-centered software for a weight-management clinicRobert M Dent
The Ottawa Hospital, Civic Campus Weight Management Clinic, Ottawa, Canada
Obes Res 10:651-6. 2002..To describe a weight-management clinic software system and to report on its preliminary evaluation...
- Pilot evaluation of a multidisciplinary, medically supervised, nonsurgical weight loss program on the severity of low back pain in obese adultsDarren M Roffey
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa Spine Unit, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4E9
Spine J 11:197-204. 2011..Low back pain (LBP) is a prevalent and costly condition. Although its etiology is largely unknown, a link to obesity is suspected, and weight loss programs are often recommended to obese patients with LBP...