Chris de Gara
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Validation of colorectal cancer surgery data from administrative data sourcesXue Li
Division of Community Oncology, Cancer Care, Alberta Health Services, 1500 10123 99 Street, T5J 3H1, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:97. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine the quality of different administrative data sources in identifying surgery for colorectal cancer with respect to completeness and accuracy...
- Perceptions of conflict of interest: surgeons, internists, and learners comparedChristopher J de Gara
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, 2 590 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy, 11405 87 AVE NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 1C9
Am J Surg 205:541-5; discussion 545-6. 2013..However, these declarations tend to be largely perfunctory. This study sought to better understand physician perceptions surrounding conflict of interest...
- Canadian Association of University Surgeons annual symposium: Continuity of care: Toronto, Ontario, Sep. 6, 2007Chris de Gara
Department of Surgical Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta
Can J Surg 52:500-5. 2009..Dr. Chris de Gara, secretary treasurer of the association, presented the evidence base for (and against) work-hour restrictions ..
- Canadian Association of University Surgeons' Annual Symposium: W(h)ither generalism(?)Chris de Gara
The Department of Surgical Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta, Canada
Can J Surg 53:196-201. 2010..He called for focused community general surgical training to recognize the unique demands compared with urban and large city practices...
- Learning styles of medical students, general surgery residents, and general surgeons: implications for surgical educationPaul T Engels
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Walter C, Mackenzie Centre, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Canada
BMC Med Educ 10:51. 2010..This study helps elucidate the way in which medical students, surgical residents, and surgical faculty learn...
- Practices and attitudes of surgeons toward the prevention of surgical site infections: a provincial survey in Alberta, CanadaPhilip J B Davis
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:1164-6. 2008....