Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Seeing in Different Ways: Introducing "Rich Pictures"in the Study of Expert JudgmentSayra Cristancho
Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 25:713-25. 2015....
- When surgeons face intraoperative challenges: a naturalistic model of surgical decision makingSayra M Cristancho
Department of Surgery, Department of Medical Biophysics, Centre for Education Research and Innovation, Western University, London, ON, Canada
Am J Surg 205:156-62. 2013..This feature has necessitated a shift in surgical decision-making research. The present study explores the processes by which surgeons assess and respond to nonroutine challenges in the operating room...
- Simulation-augmented training program for off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: developing and validating performance assessmentsSayra Cristancho
Department of Surgery and Medical Biophysics, Centre for Education Research and Innovation, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Surgery 151:785-95. 2012..We present the results of the design and validation of performance assessment checklists for a progressive simulation-based program in cardiac surgery...
- Creating a representative map for arthroscopy simulationJohn Daniel Hachey
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada
Stud Health Technol Inform 173:139-41. 2012..Future research will integrate these task decompositions into surgical simulators and, along with movement and force data, will help create evaluation tools for surgical students...
- Progressive simulation-based program for training cardiac surgery-related skillsSayra Cristancho
Department of Surgery and Centre for Education Research and Innovation, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Stud Health Technol Inform 163:150-5. 2011....