Cynthia K Colapinto
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Folic acid supplement use is the most significant predictor of folate concentrations in Canadian women of childbearing ageCynthia K Colapinto
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:284-92. 2012..These results indicate a need for targeted strategies to improve compliance with folic acid supplement recommendations among WCBA...
- Prevalence and correlates of folic acid supplement use in CanadaCynthia K Colapinto
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario and the University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
Health Rep 23:39-44. 2012....
- Paint your plate: effectiveness of a point-of-purchase displayCynthia K Colapinto
Sudbury and District Health Unit, Sudbury, ON, Canada
Can J Diet Pract Res 70:66-71. 2009..This study was conducted to determine consumer understanding and retention of nutrition information presented at grocery stores during the Paint Your Plate campaign via two approaches: interactive display events and brochure distribution...
- Relative reinforcing value of energy-dense snack foods in overweight and obese adultsGary S Goldfield
Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, Canada
Can J Diet Pract Res 72:170-4. 2011..We examined how the degree of adiposity, measured by body mass index (BMI), is associated with the relative reinforcing value of energy-dense snack foods versus fruits and vegetables in overweight and obese people...
- Folate status of the population in the Canadian Health Measures SurveyCynthia K Colapinto
Children s Hospital of Eastern, Ontario Research Institute, Institute of Population Health, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
CMAJ 183:E100-6. 2011..The purpose of our study was to investigate the folate status of a nationally representative sample of Canadians, including a subset of women of childbearing age...
- Children's preference for large portions: prevalence, determinants, and consequencesCynthia K Colapinto
Health Promotion Division, Sudbury and District Health Unit, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1183-90. 2007..Proliferation of large portions of snack and fast foods parallels dramatic increases in childhood obesity. This study investigates the prevalence, determinants, and consequences of large portions in children's diets...