Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Alterations of neocortical development and maturation in autism: insight from valproic acid exposure and animal models of autismTaylor Chomiak
Division of Experimental Neuroscience, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Neurotoxicol Teratol 36:57-66. 2013....
- Functional architecture and spike timing properties of corticofugal projections from rat ventral temporal cortexT Chomiak
Department of Clinical Neurosciences and, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurophysiol 100:327-35. 2008..These structural and functional features of layer V network from the ventral temporal lobe may play an important role in top-down control of sensory cue processing and attention...
- What is the optimal value of the g-ratio for myelinated fibers in the rat CNS? A theoretical approachTaylor Chomiak
Department of Clinical Neurosciences and Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7754. 2009..This is, however, hardly surprising given that in the CNS, axonal myelination must achieve multiple goals including reducing conduction delays, promoting conduction fidelity, lowering energy costs, and saving space...
- Altering the trajectory of early postnatal cortical development can lead to structural and behavioural features of autismTaylor Chomiak
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, T2N 4N1, Canada
BMC Neurosci 11:102. 2010..However, direct evaluation of the emerging hypothesis that an altered time course of early postnatal development can lead to an ASD phenotype remains lacking...
- Axonal and somatic filtering of antidromically evoked cortical excitation by simulated deep brain stimulation in rat brainT Chomiak
Division of Experimental Neurosciences, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Physiol 579:403-12. 2007..Our data indicate that axon-mediated antidromic excitation in the cortex is strongly influenced by the myelo-architecture of the stimulation site and the excitability of individual cortical neurones...