Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Effects of hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia on circulating tissue factor procoagulant activity and platelet CD40 ligandVijender R Vaidyula
Temple University Hospital, 3401 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Diabetes 55:202-8. 2006....
- Epigenetic regulation by histone methylation and histone variantsPeter Cheung
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Avenue, Room 10 516, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Mol Endocrinol 19:563-73. 2005..We also highlight some of the enzymes that mediate histone methylation and discuss the stability and inheritance of this modification...
- Elucidating combinatorial histone modifications and crosstalks by coupling histone-modifying enzyme with biotin ligase activityPriscilla Nga Ieng Lau
Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 41:e49. 2013..These studies serve as proof-of-principle for this new technical approach, and demonstrate that BICON can be further adapted to study PTMs and crosstalks associated with other histone-modifying enzymes...
- A combination of H2A.Z and H4 acetylation recruits Brd2 to chromatin during transcriptional activationRyan Draker
Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada
PLoS Genet 8:e1003047. 2012..Moreover, this study validates the approach of using proteomics to identify nucleosome-interacting proteins in order to elucidate downstream mechanistic functions associated with the histone variant H2A.Z...
- USP10 deubiquitylates the histone variant H2A.Z and both are required for androgen receptor-mediated gene activationRyan Draker
Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Avenue, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2M9
Nucleic Acids Res 39:3529-42. 2011..Zub1 is associated with transcriptional activation of these genes. Together, these data provide novel insights into how H2A.Z ubiquitylation/deubiquitylation and USP10 function in AR-regulated gene expression...
- Histone variants and transcription regulationCindy Law
Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9, Canada
Subcell Biochem 61:319-41. 2013..In this chapter, we will focus on several histone variants that have been linked to transcription regulation, and highlight their physical and functional features that facilitate their activities in this context...
- Histone code pathway involving H3 S28 phosphorylation and K27 acetylation activates transcription and antagonizes polycomb silencingPriscilla Nga Ieng Lau
Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2M9
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2801-6. 2011..Our findings show that signal transduction activation can directly regulate polycomb silencing through a specific histone code-mediated mechanism...
- Transcriptional and epigenetic functions of histone variant H2A.ZRyan Draker
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ONM5G2M9, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 87:19-25. 2009..In this review, we discuss some of the recent findings related to this histone variant, how it associates with other histone epigenetic marks, and how post-translational modifications of H2A.Z further define its function...
- Monoubiquitylation of H2A.Z distinguishes its association with euchromatin or facultative heterochromatinElizabeth Sarcinella
Division of Signaling Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Ave, Rm 10 516, Toronto, Canada M5G 2M9
Mol Cell Biol 27:6457-68. 2007..Z is associated with both euchromatin and facultative heterochromatin and that monoubiquitylation is a specific mark that distinguishes the H2A.Z associated with these different chromatin states...
- Generation and characterization of antibodies directed against di-modified histones, and comments on antibody and epitope recognitionPeter Cheung
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario Cancer Institute, Canada
Methods Enzymol 376:221-34. 2004
- Differentially methylated forms of histone H3 show unique association patterns with inactive human X chromosomesBarbara A Boggs
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Genet 30:73-6. 2002....
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay for mammalian tissuesFiona B Turner
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
Methods Mol Biol 325:261-72. 2006..ChIP, if applied globally, can also reveal how chromatin structures are dynamically changed when cells respond to certain stimuli. In this chapter, we describe this powerful technique in detail...
- The enhancement of histone H4 and H2A serine 1 phosphorylation during mitosis and S-phase is evolutionarily conservedCynthia M Barber
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Chromosoma 112:360-71. 2004..The evolutionarily conserved phosphorylation of H4/H2A during the cell cycle suggests that they may have a dual purpose in chromatin condensation during mitosis and histone deposition during S-phase...
- Apoptotic phosphorylation of histone H2B is mediated by mammalian sterile twenty kinaseWang L Cheung
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Cell 113:507-17. 2003..Our data provide evidence for a potential apoptotic "histone code."..