Affiliation: University of Guelph
- A study on the density and distribution of uterine Natural Killer cells at mid pregnancy in mice genetically-ablated for CCR2, CCR 5 and the CCR5 receptor ligand, MIP-1 alphaS Chantakru
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Building 40 Room 2604, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ont, Canada, N1G 2W1
J Reprod Immunol 49:33-47. 2001..Thus, migration, distribution and activation of NK cells within the pregnant uterus are independent of CCR2, CCR5 and MIP-1 alpha...
- Contributions from self-renewal and trafficking to the uterine NK cell population of early pregnancySirirak Chantakru
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Building No 40, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 2W1
J Immunol 168:22-8. 2002..These data support a model that attributes the dramatic increases in human and murine uNK cells during decidualization to precursor cell recruitment...
- Prolonged gestation does not extend survival of uterine natural killer lymphocytes in mice deleted in the receptor for prostaglandin F2alphaB A Croy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada
J Reprod Immunol 46:125-9. 2000....
- Transplantation into genetically alymphoid mice as an approach to dissect the roles of uterine natural killer cells during pregnancy--a reviewB A Croy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Placenta 21:S77-80. 2000....
- Coordinate regulation of lymphocyte-endothelial interactions by pregnancy-associated hormonesSirirak Chantakru
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 171:4011-9. 2003..These results provide the first evidence for coordinated, organ-specific, steroid hormone-induced changes in lymphocyte homing mechanisms that could contribute to local and systemic immune responses during pregnancy...
- Update on pathways regulating the activation of uterine Natural Killer cells, their interactions with decidual spiral arteries and homing of their precursors to the uterusB Anne Croy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Ont N1G 2W1, Guelph, Canada
J Reprod Immunol 59:175-91. 2003..These approaches maybe applicable to studies in women. Our studies show that complex immuno-physiological events contribute to spiral artery modification by mid-gestation in mice...
- Uterine natural killer cells: insights into their cellular and molecular biology from mouse modellingB Anne Croy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1, Canada
Reproduction 126:149-60. 2003..Decidual maintenance and uNK cell death are additional effects of uNK cell-derived IFN-gamma. Thus, during the first half of gestation, uNK cells contribute to and sustain important changes in the maternal placental bed...
- Neither lymphotoxin alpha nor lymphotoxin beta receptor expression is required for biogenesis of lymphoid aggregates or differentiation of natural killer cells in the pregnant mouse uterusAngela Kather
Departments of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Immunology 108:338-45. 2003..This indicates that the stromally derived molecules supporting NK cell differentiation in the uterus differ from those used in secondary lymphoid organs...
- Decidual natural killer cells: key regulators of placental development (a review)B Anne Croy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Ont, Canada
J Reprod Immunol 57:151-68. 2002..Here, we summarize the key studies in lymphocyte-, cytokine- and cytokine receptor-deficient mice and in four enhanced models of gestation in these mice that incorporate transplantation or therapy with biologically active molecules...
- Trafficking of circulating pro-NK cells to the decidualizing uterus: regulatory mechanisms in the mouse and humanMarianne J van den Heuvel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Immunol Invest 34:273-93. 2005..Here, we review factors influencing NK cell trafficking to decidualizing murine and human uteri and the differentiation and functions of these cells within the uterus...