Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Health Network
- The tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 (PTPN11) in cancerGordon Chan
Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:179-92. 2008..Elucidation of the events underlying Shp2-evoked transformation may provide new insights into oncogenic mechanisms and novel targets for anti-cancer therapy...
- Essential role for Ptpn11 in survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsGordon Chan
Cancer Biology Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:4253-61. 2011..Thus, Shp2 plays a critical role in controlling the survival and maintenance of HSCs and immature progenitors in vivo...
- Erk1 and Erk2 are required for maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells and adult hematopoiesisGordon Chan
Campbell Family Cancer Research Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 121:3594-8. 2013..Moreover, in cells transformed by the oncogenic KRas(G12D) allele, the presence of either Erk1 or Erk2 with intact kinase activity is sufficient to promote cytokine-independent proliferation...
- Leukemogenic Ptpn11 causes fatal myeloproliferative disorder via cell-autonomous effects on multiple stages of hematopoiesisGordon Chan
Department of Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 113:4414-24. 2009..Our studies provide a mouse model for Ptpn11-evoked MPD and show that this disease results from cell-autonomous and distinct lineage-specific effects of mutant Ptpn11 on multiple stages of hematopoiesis...
- Prognostic, therapeutic, and mechanistic implications of a mouse model of leukemia evoked by Shp2 (PTPN11) mutationsM Golam Mohi
Cancer Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, NRB 1030, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 7:179-91. 2005..Shp2 mutants also cause myeloproliferation in Drosophila. Mek or Tor inhibitors potently inhibit transformation, suggesting new approaches to JMML therapy...
- Noonan syndrome cardiac defects are caused by PTPN11 acting in endocardium to enhance endocardial-mesenchymal transformationToshiyuki Araki
Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4736-41. 2009..Our data provide a mechanistic underpinning for the cardiac defects in this disorder...
- Leukemogenic Ptpn11 allele causes defective erythropoiesis in miceTatiana Usenko
Princess Margaret Cancer Center, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e109682. 2014..Thus, the expression of oncogenic Ptpn11 causes dyserythropoiesis in a cell-autonomous manner in vivo...