Charles K N Chan
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The pulmonary effects of long-term exposure to aerosol pentamidine: a 5-year surveillance study in HIV-infected patientsJames Obaji
Joint Division of Respirology, University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Chest 123:1983-7. 2003..To assess the effects of long-term exposure to aerosolized pentamidine (AP) for the prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia on the pulmonary function...
- Community acquired pneumonia (CAP): an updateC K Chan
Department of Medicine, University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
J Chemother 13:23-7. 2001..Empiric treatment guidelines for CAP have been developed and their use has been shown to simplify treatment regimens and improve outcome...
- A randomized controlled trial to assess the efficacy of tiotropium in Canadian patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseCharles K N Chan
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Can Respir J 14:465-72. 2007..Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) who smoke have a greater annual rate of decline in forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV(1)) than those patients who have stopped smoking...
- Efficacy of exclusively oral antibiotic therapy in patients hospitalized with nonsevere community-acquired pneumonia: a retrospective study and meta-analysisTheodore K Marras
Joint Division of Respirology, Department of Medicine, University Health Network, and Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Med 116:385-93. 2004..To assess the efficacy of oral antibiotics in patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia and to identify factors precluding oral therapy...
- Pneumonia severity index in the immunocompromisedK M Sanders
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Can Respir J 13:89-93. 2006..The pneumonia severity index (PSI) accounts for many comorbidities, but not immunosuppression...
- Tracheobronchial involvement as a sole manifestation of relapsing polychondritisNimrod Maimon
Division of Respirology, Department of Medicine, University Health Network Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital Departments of Medical Imaging Pathology Thoracic Surgery, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 17:5-10. 2010..To report the clinical, imaging, and pathologic manifestations of case series of patients in whom the only systemic expression of relapsing polychondritis (RP) was their airway complications...
- The use of guidelines for the empirical treatment of hospital-acquired pneumoniaM S Miletin
Division of Respirology, Department of Medicine, The University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can Respir J 8:255-60. 2001..49). CONCLUSIONS: Institutional and ATS guidelines for the empirical treatment of HAP are less widely used than would be predicted by chance at The University Health Network. The clinical utility of these guidelines remains to be proven...
- Everolimus in pulmonary transplantation: pharmacokinetics and exposure-response relationshipsJohn M Kovarik
Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Basel, Switzerland
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:440-6. 2006..In this study we evaluated exposure, safety and efficacy data from an international trial of everolimus. We sought to identify a tolerated and efficacious range for blood levels of this agent in maintenance lung transplant recipients...